PDA

View Full Version : Shadermonger -version 2 Is Here! Update.

brillfx
10-03-2012, 11:37 PM
http://shadermonger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/screenCaptures.jpg

ShaderMonger© is a Pipeline tool from Brillstudio directed at small and large studios, as well as individual/freelance Maya shading artists.

Easy to use, intuitive and flexible, with Shadermonger you can easily catalog shaders into different groups, back them up to your main library, create customized thumbnails and more. No need to worry about textures and paths, ShaderMonger© will do this for you automatically. We support most shading engines, including MentalRay, Vray etc.

We’ve added a Download & Install feature to the Online gallery tab, which means you’ll always have access to basic and new Shaders shared by the community if you need them.

Note: this version update is only for PC users , apple/linux users will get an update soon.

Give a try, its (still) Free. :buttrock:

Shadermonger Website (http://shadermonger.com/join-the-community/)

Online Shader Gallery with direct downloads, donwload and install directly to shadermonger’s library.
Auto updater- automatic updates from webserver from now on, no need to reinstall Ever again !
Email shader easily with new right click -> Share button.
viewer improvments.

http://shadermonger.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/shadermonger600.png

coldside-digital
10-04-2012, 12:16 AM
Seems like you've developed a great tool. So congrats there!

I must say though that while reading through the blurb above, I had no idea Shadermonger was only for Maya.

Also, I had to search for the website because you don't actually have a link above :curious: and even once on the website, there is no reference to it being for Maya until you get to the download section and see the requirements and the videos bellow.

Once again, looks like a great tool just wish the website and this announcement was clearer so people like me don't get their hopes up :beer:

brillfx
10-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Seems like you've developed a great tool. So congrats there!

I must say though that while reading through the blurb above, I had no idea Shadermonger was only for Maya.

Also, I had to search for the website because you don't actually have a link above :curious: and even once on the website, there is no reference to it being for Maya until you get to the download section and see the requirements and the videos bellow.

Once again, looks like a great tool just wish the website and this announcement was clearer so people like me don't get their hopes up :beer:

Thanks , corrected that! :beer:

JakeJK
10-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Looks interesting! I'll definitely have a play with it. Thanks for sharing.

MFlemming
10-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Looks nice, I'll definiteley give it a try! I'm currently using FBI_ShaderLibrary by Oliver Markowski to archive and manage vray and mental ray shaders in maya.

brillfx
10-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Looks nice, I'll definiteley give it a try! I'm currently using FBI_ShaderLibrary by Oliver Markowski to archive and manage vray and mental ray shaders in maya.

Hi , I would love to hear your thoughts about it , especcially since you came from FBI shaderlib...
Monger is a little diffrent in concept , but i hope youl like it and what it offers,

btw , id reccomend using your own custom template for the vray shaders.

waiting to hear what yoou think ..
cheers

MFlemming
10-04-2012, 11:08 PM
jap, I'll definiteley compare them and let you know what I think! Might take some days because I'm kind of busy right now but I'm really curious to test your tool. cheers

mickna
02-07-2013, 06:15 PM
@brillfx:

Just posted the same on your forum:

I am really missing to add a second directory to organise the shaders for different render engines.
I would like to add:

- Maya Software
|- Some directory (Group) from Shadermonger (e.g. Fabrics)
|- Some directory (Group) from Shadermonger (e.g. Metal)
|- Some directory (Group) from Shadermonger (e.g. Stone)
- Mental Ray
- Vray
- What ever I enter as a name

Also rendering icons for a linear work flow would be nice.

thank you,
mickna

EightBit
02-09-2013, 03:38 AM
That illustration is great ;)

mickna
02-11-2013, 07:41 AM
@EightBit:

:rolleyes: :D

CGTalk Moderation
02-11-2013, 07:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.