PDA

View Full Version : webagent007

Ian Jones
12-04-2003, 08:15 AM
Hi, I'm not sure how long this version has been released... but for the benefit of those who have not yet seen it here is:

www.webagent007.com

http://www.webagent007.com/images/wa007_sm.gif

Version 3 is a complete makeover for James Begera and the agents. Those of you who remember the previous version will be pleased to see theres still plenty of 'Pimpin' style. Normally flash sites are fairly scanty on content but I'm glad to say theres a fairly decent amount of things to see and listen to! The tunes themselves captivated my attention for quite a while as the audio streamed seamlessly throughout my visit. Overall a very stylish and futuristic flash site that I really enjoyed.

Discussion is welcome, as I am interested in what everyone else thinks, but remember: "On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy"

lestdog
12-04-2003, 09:01 AM
very very sweet, the only thing that kills me about this is the intros, they take a little long (I'm viewing on a P2 with 4MB video card so it could be me), but I swear if I have to go through more than one loading script I've had it, I'm out of there. Sometimes this is how I think about sites like this, If it's so edgy, why isn't more effecient?? But very cool feel over all, the one thing I would warn is the design style is getting played out. I can find 20 other sites within a matter of minutes that have the exact same design elements as this.

Xinoz0r
12-04-2003, 04:56 PM
that is awsome....

the front page, looks like somekind of Doom(the game) - site :D

I like the graphics, but....

1: I think its taking too long to finish loading the whole site...
2: The music, is annoying

(no offence)

but... u're talented....

Good Job :D

gimmix
12-04-2003, 06:01 PM
boahh this site is amazing !!!!!
I love the music ;D

Protoplasma
12-04-2003, 09:11 PM
thats a real great piece of design and script. there are of course some points which depends on the user`s taste (like the music,...) but in general... great work. Itīs a site where the user can spent quite much time and thats important.
it seems that the page were released by the end of november (?)
I`d like to know how much agents were involved in the development.
thanks for that great link ian ;-)

Ian Jones
12-04-2003, 10:41 PM
Xinoz0r : It's not my site. I just posted a link.

Some good points of discussion, the music is certainly a matter of taste. I don't normally listen to that sort of stuff but it defintely captured my attention for a while. There are about 10 tracks aswell!

I didn't have a problem with download time. I'm on ADSL 256k so a dial-up user would of course see it differently.

maular
12-04-2003, 11:29 PM
Very impressive site!

I personally find the colours make it difficult to navigate, most of the screen seems to be interactive. Thankfully I found the audio controls early on (I'm listening to music, and didn't want it to be interrupted). I too noticed the loading, but as we have a fast connection it wasn't a problem, just noticeable.

atenyotkin
12-08-2003, 10:45 PM
This is one of the best flash sites out there... You had photos of women, guns, and cars, and yet you were able to keep it somewhat professional. The music loops were awesome--added to the darker feel of the site. The actionscripts were very nice. The transitions were perfect. The 3d arms in the corner were pretty cool too. I have no crits... I didn't have a problem with the intros either. I have an idea for you... post it on Flashkit.com. You'll get recognition/awards... i have no doupt.

speC
12-11-2003, 08:50 AM
heavy animation!

how much of the "moving things around"
was done with AS and how much with
your mouse?
i ask because i often wonder how many
animation is still done by hand.

i really like this page but perhaps
it will be true, that the design will be
oldstyle in a short time.

Ian Jones
12-11-2003, 09:04 AM
The website is not mine, as I stated earlier I only posted a link to it so I cannot answer those questions.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.