PDA

View Full Version : Mia_Materials disconnecting from surface shader

DreaminSoInsane
10-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Just opened a bunch of old scenes where I had mia_materials piped into surface shaders so I could use them in the layerd shader. They've been left untouched for month, but now I open them and all the mia_materials are disconnected from the surface shaders.

Does anyone know what on earth could have caused this? Its going to be a massive pain connecting them all again and working out which is the right shaders

lostparanoia
10-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Just opened a bunch of old scenes where I had mia_materials piped into surface shaders so I could use them in the layerd shader. They've been left untouched for month, but now I open them and all the mia_materials are disconnected from the surface shaders.

Does anyone know what on earth could have caused this? Its going to be a massive pain connecting them all again and working out which is the right shaders

Yep. It's a bug. if you import to 2012 from 2010 these things happen. I reported it and submitted a scene and everything, but I guess that was one of those bugs autodesk decided not to fix.

DreaminSoInsane
10-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Cheers!! Yes that was the bug. I was opening a maya 2010 file in 2013. Thankfully still had a maya 2010 license to open it with.

Terrible they haven't fixed it! Thanks for the speedy reply!

CGTalk Moderation
10-03-2012, 02:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.