PDA

View Full Version : Sandra, Misu (3D), (3D)

misu
12-04-2003, 05:24 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/15347/sandra_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/15347/sandra.jpg)

Title: Sandra, Misu (3D)
Name:
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay

Character created few years ago just for study :) . I've used lot's of references for smile but my girl friend smile helped me alot :P

Sas.hun
12-04-2003, 05:36 AM
Woooooooow! :drool:

This is fantastic!! :thumbsup: Very cooool textur.

Congrat!! :beer:

insanepoly
12-04-2003, 05:40 AM
Front page material for sure. What's there to say, its perfect in every way. I especially like the softness of the skin.

gueedo
12-04-2003, 05:45 AM
Wow....very nice! The texturing and modeling are outstanding!:thumbsup: She kind of resembles Carie-Anne Moss (Trinity from the matrix) a bit. Good work....Front page material for sure:) The bottom of her ear lobe looks a bit odd..but that might be because of the shadow.

jdj
12-04-2003, 05:59 AM
Oh man!

This is a seriously good piece of work!

After watching it for some time I have three points which I think are a bit off:

- Her ear is a bit large for my tastes - at least the inner part is pointing out a bit too much.
- The background could be a bit more blurred - it is too focused in the hightlight.
- The sweater material is not of the same high standard as the head.

But man - I wish my heads were as good as yours!

Her hair is marvellous - how have you made it?

Cheers!
/ Daniel

ceql
12-04-2003, 06:24 AM
Wow, awesome work, I've been lurking around and peeping into your WIP every once in a while and it's great to see it finished, and whoa, it turned out great! :applause: :applause:

graffb
12-04-2003, 06:33 AM
:thumbsup:
Awsome modell and pictures!
background more blur!
Congrat

yangmiemie
12-04-2003, 06:44 AM
nice :thumbsup:

misu
12-04-2003, 06:49 AM
thanks for the reply :thumbsup:
i think you're right about background ... i'll render again with depth of field .

madsub
12-04-2003, 06:51 AM
Beautiful skin! Best thing I like about this character are the lips; very good texture and glossyness! Frontpage please! :D

tomaya
12-04-2003, 11:17 AM
good job dude ,which soft for the rendering ?

unwrap
12-04-2003, 11:22 AM
She looks very real, that 's very good texturing and lighting, and of course modelling! :thumbsup:

Wire?

cgg
12-04-2003, 11:25 AM
FRONT PAGE :wip:
amaizing m8, i saw your wip thread good job. :bowdown:

crimson13
12-04-2003, 11:37 AM
just one word: AWESOME :eek:

Tobbe
12-04-2003, 11:43 AM
Yea! Awesme! Totally real. :buttrock:

Rivendale
12-04-2003, 11:49 AM
Hey Misu, that is really cool! She looks like a real preson with a real personality, and she seems like nice person.:) Great skinshading!
The ear looks a bit wierd, I think there is too much contrast there. Do you have any more renders?

mattmos
12-04-2003, 11:56 AM
Fantastic stuff! Have to agree with the comment on background blur, and possibly the ear does look a little strange, but it works beautifully overall. Nice one!

vlad74
12-04-2003, 12:38 PM
I can say only one thing about your picture: clearly piece of art.:applause:

P.S. I will suggest you to smooth the edges of the ear a bit and to make the teeth a bit transparent.

Reinhard Schmid
12-04-2003, 12:39 PM
wwwooooowwww!:applause:

Marcos_AAPJ
12-04-2003, 01:03 PM
:thumbsup: I love!
No crits.... Congrat!

wgreenlee1
12-04-2003, 02:37 PM

five stars from me....excellent work
frontpage!!!frontpage!!!!

curannon
12-04-2003, 03:13 PM
Beautiful work. Care to tell us abit about how you accomplished such beautiful skin? Texture, shading a.s.o. Anyhow it's great stuff

3DKnight
12-04-2003, 05:41 PM
You have made her come to life :applause:

silv
12-04-2003, 05:45 PM
damn... this hasn't been plug yet

gongrats... u have worked a lot for it, ad it shows.

wireframe (maybe unsmoothed) please...

misu
12-04-2003, 05:47 PM
Thank you all for your advice they really meant a lot to me. I rerendered the picture with DOF and I also adjusted the light setup a bit. It will be forever in the WIP state at least for me, as I will probably always find something new to try and improve.
As for the skin shader, I posted in my WIP thread a link to a screengrab of my material editor.
Thank you all again for your support and ... ummm.. cheers.. have a :beer: on me.
http://www.xmg.ro/mihai/img/sandra.jpg

D. Phoenix
12-04-2003, 06:08 PM
Excellent work on this model- Looks like a lot of time and effort spent on it.

Could you post some other angles of this model? One picture does not do it justice I think.

-D. Phoenix

ShinChanPu
12-04-2003, 06:26 PM
:hmm: :hmm:
Hey, Misu!!! This is the 3D section.... there is no photo section by now.

Well, this work of yours is the most photo-realistic human character Iīve ever seen. Is any moderator over there to plug this??? And about the ears.... I think are pretty good and really nice. You havenīt done an expected or "normal" ear but a REAL one (you boys should look at people around you more often)

Five stars from me. :drool:

ghosty
12-04-2003, 06:28 PM
I am almost wordless :drool:, one little detail though. The chain of the nacklace don't seem to be hanging from her nack, looks like it has been glue there.

(I just wanna say something.) 9.9999/10

proteus2002
12-04-2003, 06:32 PM
perfect modelling and texturing

five stars from me

Garma
12-04-2003, 06:40 PM
ow my.. :eek:

why isn't this on the frontpage yet :surprised

Lil' strange though that she doesn't look in the camera, it makes her look like those waxen statues from madame tussauds museum.

superb!

now that I look for the second time I think there's a very little too much translucensy near her ears

DiNKArt
12-04-2003, 06:42 PM
That is really good. It gives me the feeling I use to get when I first started to get into 3D of amazement. I love how you have managed to give this character a "soul". The facial expression and exceptionally the eyes make the character seem to have emotions. My only thing is that she is too beautiful. The eyebrows are to perfect. Maybe making the eyebrows a little shaggier might change this. They look like a makeup artist has just tweaked them. Maybe it is just me. I am not a big fan of the tweaked eyebrow look. Looks awesome.

Keddy
12-04-2003, 08:16 PM
Excellent model! And beautiful texturing!

What program you used?

MSmith
12-04-2003, 08:35 PM
Wow.....she is beautiful.....good job man!!!!

:bounce:

koroko
12-04-2003, 08:36 PM
Hey mods, frontpage material, this is frontpage!!!!

great work misu, really...

ShinChanPu
12-04-2003, 08:40 PM
3DZealot, KingMob, Taoizm, Wiro.....

Are you staring at Sandra waiting for a blink? Itīs time to plug this, men. Donīt allow people to think about strange things. :shrug:

leigh
12-04-2003, 09:35 PM
Wow, I'm surprised I didn't see this until now - very nice work, and a front page plug for you :)

Personally I don't think she looks photorealistic, but she does look realistic in that kind of hyper-real way that the Final Fantasy and Animatrix characters from Square look. She has an unreal quality about her, that makes her look really cool, but not really believable. I don't mean that in a demeaning way - I think you've got a cool style and you've made a really great looking character.

I think your last image you posted is a lot better than the one at the beginning of the thread, you should edit your original post to display that image instead.

I think that if you want her to look more realistic (conventionally), you'll need to add some "peach fuzz" to her face, and also adjust her bump map slightly - the skin looks a little rough and leathery in places (especially the nose, lips and neck), and add more translucency to her, especially her ears. The irises also look like they are too plain...

The hair is excellent. I also really like the lighting! Her smile looks really natural, and I think it's really her smile that totally sells this image, and gives her so much character. Very cool work :)

Scandell
12-04-2003, 09:40 PM
Vai....imi place foarte mult!

Ea este frumoasa foc!

Vreau sa stiu... ai avut tu un izvor specific ? Sau, ai construit-o de la imaginatiea ta?

Ce a fost orar necesitat constructii?

Ai facut-o pentru servici sau "freelance"?

(Imi pare rau pentru limbajul meu! Mai invati limba ta)

Din care oras esti?

KingMob
12-04-2003, 09:40 PM
great work, really love the character, personality she exudes....

Any chance we could see a wire? I would really love to get a glimpse of the behind the scenes on this peice...

Great hair and lighting to, as leigh said. Sorry I didnt see it earlier, or i would have plugged this myself.

AJ
12-04-2003, 09:42 PM
Absolutely fantastic work. As Leigh said, she's more hyper-real than real, but that's in a good way! Have you tried any other facial expressions?

Aslo, thankyou for posting your material settings in your WIP thread too - I notice that you've used a custom map in your refraction slot of your VrayMtl - is this to 'push' the translucancy of the material to the areas you want it?

Five more stars for this one :D

3D-ima Green
12-04-2003, 09:47 PM
oo beautiful work there :)

projectcoil
12-04-2003, 09:50 PM
Great modeling and texture.

tinitus
12-04-2003, 09:51 PM
WOW... NICE!
or better "GEIL" this is how we call it in germany!
keep up!!!

Trojan123
12-04-2003, 09:58 PM
I don't generally post comments, but I do have to say this:

She looks real.

I think what sells her the most is that while she is indeed beautifull, her face isn't designed perfection.

Please don't take that the wrong way; she really is beautifull and to me she looks real.

Outstanding job.

Silver Bullit

Nikos
12-04-2003, 10:02 PM
Ahh, I think she's beautiful! :love:

manlio
12-04-2003, 10:03 PM
Just one word. Great! :thumbsup:

Modulous
12-04-2003, 10:04 PM
could u post a wire of this model?
very nice.

Infinity3d4life
12-04-2003, 10:08 PM
This has to be one of the best pieces i've seen on her... I think she looks totally photorealistic... Awesome texture work...

eYadNesS
12-04-2003, 10:10 PM
Very good work misu :)

:love:

JamesMK
12-04-2003, 10:17 PM
If there ever was a time for senseless fanboy postings - this is it.

Jeez dude! ahem, and, er Oh my god! :bowdown:

OK, it's not ultra-mega-realistic, but who cares? I don't, that's for sure. Very excellent work, man.

ThirdEye
12-04-2003, 10:24 PM
Truly awesome work, dunno if it's already been mentioned but... program, renderer, wireframe please ;)

Side_FX
12-04-2003, 10:35 PM
:scream: :buttrock: Furshizur A+ You are a winner!:bounce:

Tim Deneau
12-04-2003, 10:52 PM
Great work!

arliss
12-04-2003, 10:53 PM
Great, great stuff mate, tweek the ear and also take a look at the chest area- seems a little "prickly" like goosebumps maybe smooth it out a bit-

inspiring:drool:

cutepixie
12-04-2003, 10:53 PM
This is just simply amazing :D good job and keep up the fabolous work :D will be looking forward to more of your work :D

Gotham
12-04-2003, 11:09 PM
Very good work, if it is only for still why you dont make some SSS or fake it?

Raman
12-04-2003, 11:12 PM
Outstanding!

I would like to thank you for your comprehensive posting in the WIP section. It is rare to see such comprehensive posting of wires and techniques. To those of you who haven't checked out the WIP thread, do so now! It's so worth it.

l3d_davi
12-04-2003, 11:13 PM
cool !!!!! coo!L :) perfect !!!!!!111111:thumbsup: :applause:

ronaldomiranda
12-04-2003, 11:16 PM
hey, which appz have you used for model and render this????

itīs really a good, perfect work, photo-realistic job!

much better than FINAL FANTASY.

XYZRGB
12-04-2003, 11:27 PM
Misu, this is a fantastic model.
All too often, I see great looking models become distorted when that they smile. Your model seems to have been built around this pose though - she is totally correct.

I agree that one minor thing that would really improve the realism, is to add more S.S.S. to the teeth. Also, have you considered a specular high light map, along with a bump map for the teeth ? ( Which would show the saliva covering the teeth )
A freckle or two on her collarbone would be nice as well to break up the smoothness here.

Other than the picky comment about the teeth, I can find no other things wrong with this fantastic piece. The hair, the eyes, proportions, etc. are all some of the best I have ever seen.

More views please !

:bowdown:

MaRvI
12-04-2003, 11:37 PM
Nice render :D ... Love it...

Maybe a lil nitpicking from my side... The teeth look like protetic teeth, they are too white and to clean, a lil tranclucency and lil bit edgy-er on the bottom would make them realler :) ... And there is something strange on the left of the necklace, is that on purpose ? looks like a stretch mark or scar...

Keep on posting, I would love to see more of her and future work of you...

Greetz MaRvI

JA-forreal
12-04-2003, 11:40 PM
Great model!

Can you show us the mesh? I have been trying to improve the detail of my characters and keep the mesh count low. When I first approached 3d character modeling, I didn't take model rigging and mesh detail into account. My meshes were too dense even with subdivision surfaces. My projects slowed to a snails pace. For a while now I have been building most of my characters with no more that 30,000 polygons total clothes and all that are used in my scenes. Even now that my machines can handle more geometry I still keep my characters around 30k. I find that less is more as far as more speed for work all around.

NowhereMan
12-04-2003, 11:41 PM
Well, Iīm impressed beyond words with this one, how could anyone say that she is not believable!?!??! :D

I think she is freakin real, almost perfectly human, if not "perfect".

Which software do you use?

I think more realism would come up if you rendered her on a more realistic environment and lighting. But speaking of modeling and texturing, you are surely pushing the limitīs ass!! The texturing is perfectly fine by me, too.

I would be very glad if youīd share with us some of the extensive knowlegde used to produce this masterpiece. I would like to view some wires (the lowest as possible) and a brief on how you texture, specially some sharing about this amazing skin shader.

cheers:beer:

behzad
12-05-2003, 12:15 AM
Looks amazing, I can not do such a thing myself, but I can tell you what is amazing. I also noticed in this posting alone, 3 times people have asked what software you are using. I wish as I had suggested to the administrators before, to have a place while posting images to describe what software was used. I get really tired of reading what software was used?

Aside from that excellent work. :thumbsup:

Franc
12-05-2003, 12:18 AM
:thumbsup: Gook work

polyester
12-05-2003, 12:23 AM
Only have a moment to comment so no time to read all the other replies, sorry for any repetition.

This is amazing, very life-like! LOVE the smile, it really makes the piece!

The model is near perfection and I'm blown away by the skin texture and its lighting.

of course I couldn't give my 2 cents without a couple of suggestions. The things bothering me here would be the ear, shoulders, fabric and background.

The texture/light on the ear is not quite as convincing as the rest of the face and neck. The shape is a little odd but that's almost irrelevant as there are so many different shapes of ears.

The shoulders look a little too narrow compared to her neck, could just be the camera angle, need more views ;)

Would like to see a little more depth in the background, not just depth of field, but actual substance, someth'n a little more rich in color for contrast maybe. However this is by far the most trivial part IMO.

such a wonderfully artful piece!

- poly

allenatl
12-05-2003, 12:23 AM
When I saw this in the wip section, I knew it was a front page plug waiting to happen. Congratulations and keep up the great work. I know what you mean about being forever in the wip state though. With computer art, nothing's ever finished.

Devilsnok
12-05-2003, 12:35 AM
Woow!

This is fantastic!!

S.
www.devilsnok.com

onlooker
12-05-2003, 01:17 AM
Nice to see you've been pluged.

We Love Wires Here. :) More Angles the better. :D

And a fantastic job you've done BTW.

jerr3d
12-05-2003, 01:21 AM
She looks Beautiful! Excellent work!

kwshipman
12-05-2003, 01:28 AM
I clicked on the plug expecting this to be Stahlberg's latest or something. Awesome stuff. Now write us a Tutorial. and more pics

Sirius-x
12-05-2003, 01:29 AM
wow!!!!
that's great...:thumbsup:

dimitrios_c
12-05-2003, 02:03 AM
That's insane, nice soft skin, although the lips could use some chap stick...hehe they look very bumpy and dry. :applause:

pood
12-05-2003, 02:09 AM
NICE!

pretty realistic if ya ask me

but area around the necklace looks kinda weird, probably just the lighting but, for a second i thought she had chesthair

JJ3d
12-05-2003, 02:12 AM
Hi Misu!
I saw your wires and animation test at the Romanian site.. beyond all modelling work and texturing.. ( that its realy cool ) what stuns me is the Smile. You did a very good wire work in the cheeks, the loops are great..

Congrats.. Awesome work!:thumbsup:

I would like to see how that skiin react to light movement, did u use gradients to fake SSS?
did u think how to do little wrinkles? ( in the eye or front head, for example )

Cheers

drewantarctic
12-05-2003, 02:57 AM
nice, though she looks just a tad shiny. but what do i know?

phoenix
12-05-2003, 02:58 AM
very impressive mihai... very stylish

William b. Hand
12-05-2003, 04:06 AM
Jaw-Droppingly:
Beautiful / Expertly done.

Great job on her teeth, by the way.
Man, thas incredible.

Unreal.

:eek: :bounce: :eek:

darkninja
12-05-2003, 04:12 AM
this is nice . so cooooool.www.cgrays.com (http://www.cgrays.com)

gigatron
12-05-2003, 04:31 AM
It's not as realistic as some of the top top top end high end movie models, texturing jobs, etc...

HOWEVER, the smile.. wow... honestly I haven't seen a better natural emotional expression in a model before this.

Zithen
12-05-2003, 04:52 AM
I usually don't post on pics unless I'm compelled to. This is very impressive to me. You've really created a very warm, natural smile in this model...in the mouth and eyes. I'm looking at it and can let myself imagine/believe that this is a real person. It's "feels" genuine, which for me sells the illusion. I think it's the slight raise of the lower eyelids, which people tend to do when they give a loving or delightful smile.

I think this looks much better than anything I've seen that Square has done.

The skin to me looks fabulous. What gives the CG look, though, are the lips (the lower lip seems too glossy w/too much bump map, making them look chapped), the color/texture of the irises look too smooth to be real. Irises have striations and minute color variations to them. And the hair, but hair simulation algorithms are still being perfected anyway.

But the expression in those eyes...and those teeth, nice simple smile...to me they are convincing enough for me to stare at this pic for many seconds. One of the best cg pics of a human face I've seen. Congrats!

anobrin
12-05-2003, 05:42 AM
Not only is the modeling texturing etc. top notch
But she is just so PRETTY!!! like a real human female
not the typical pouty or odd looking CG babe:thumbsup:

colintheys
12-05-2003, 05:57 AM
My goodness. I have friends who look less real than that!

LWave
12-05-2003, 06:06 AM
Nice CG photo :))) Perfect & Beautiful !! Front page !!!

singularity2006
12-05-2003, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by jdj
Oh man!

This is a seriously good piece of work!

After watching it for some time I have three points which I think are a bit off:

- Her ear is a bit large for my tastes - at least the inner part is pointing out a bit too much.
- The background could be a bit more blurred - it is too focused in the hightlight.
- The sweater material is not of the same high standard as the head.

But man - I wish my heads were as good as yours!

Her hair is marvellous - how have you made it?

Cheers!
/ Daniel

I agree with the ear and a couple of the other comments.... that ear kinda does stand out. But but but..!! WOW THAT IS GORGEOUS!!! WOWOWOWWO!!

I've been looking @ this thing like 45132687987 times today.... it's nice. And actually, there's one last thing. I don't know, but I'm not comfortable with the eyes somehow. I mean, texture wise, they are great. But the eye sockets look too deep and the eye ridge a tad thick. But I don't know, it's just me maybe. Try pulling the eyes out forward just a tad? Actually, no it's not even that. It's the left eye close to the edge of the face. Somehow it looks like the eye is too deep into the socket..... :shrug:

but but but... wowowoww, that's sooooo nice... if only she were real. :cry:

olijosman
12-05-2003, 06:22 AM
Huuuuf!! Great, I love the face expression ,it is very natural !!:thumbsup:

Ac0rN
12-05-2003, 07:50 AM
:eek: :bowdown:

Medains
12-05-2003, 07:53 AM
This is great, far far beyond my capabilities :bounce:

A crit or two that no-one else has pointed out yet...

Something was bothering me about her right shoulder, it didn't look quite right. Then I realised that we can see maybe halfway down her bicep, but there's no break in the fabric between her arm and chest... is she wearing a poncho?

I did a quick google and found some images that might illustrate what I mean above...

Model in Pullover (http://www.brigitte.de/mode/mode_trends/lamm_cord/pullover.jpg)
Girl in hoodie (http://www.yorku.ca/kahsso/images/kin_clothes03/6kingirl.jpg)
Another girl in hoodie (http://www.hardkor-sports.com/images/fol-16130-hood-pullover-ms.JPG)
Model with very soft pullover (http://www.manzelmann.de/home/Schauspieler/Manzelmann/weiblich_M/sanna-roter-pullover-opt.jpg)

The shadow of her top around her neckline also seems a little harsh, especially since her top looks quite thin and would let through a reasonable amount of light (just taking a look at my arm in harsh lighting with a thick black jumper on, the shadow is still quite soft)

But why am I critiqueing? I've never posted so much as a textured box here!
:p

Keep up the great work :wavey:

DaKrunch
12-05-2003, 08:14 AM
Great Job! looks very realistic!

congrats.

just 2 comments.
1. I looked at her for some minutes and it looks like the skin is a bit too smooth. Even though she's young a slight addition of irregularity would add great realism.

2. The throat looks a bit odd... like it was sculpted into marble. This time it's not a matter of texture (great job) but something in the model. The muscles of the neck in such position are rather relaxed but in your picture they appear contracted and (positionally) odd...

just a thought!

Great frontpage! :thumbsup:

JonnyNewo
12-05-2003, 08:22 AM
Wow, simply amazing man! Great work!

flegos
12-05-2003, 08:51 AM
It s a real or 3D?
Congratulation man! Keep it up! :drool: :bounce: :bowdown:

sorry for my bad english!

OZ
12-05-2003, 09:03 AM
AMAZING....AMAZING...and again AMAZING!
near perfect skin! My god!u rox a lot and more..man!

renderwoman
12-05-2003, 09:14 AM
Fantastic work! vey cool...:bounce:
any wireframe img?

xeno
12-05-2003, 09:24 AM
WOW!!!!
This has to be the most beautiful 3d head piece ive ever seen!!
Modelling is perfect and the texttures.....wow, uve actually created real skin!

Awesome awesome!!:buttrock:

Modron
12-05-2003, 09:26 AM
Is she available for dates,... ? :love:

ReSeT
12-05-2003, 09:54 AM
So, this is probably the most beautiful CG-woman I've ever seen. Absolutely stunning work, nothing to critisize.

:applause:

Garma
12-05-2003, 09:58 AM
lol yea and I got her cellphone number :beer:

Ey dude, I barely dare to ask... maybe a wire and... a (waternarked) texturemap or 2? That would be an enormous contribution to the community, especially all texture noobs out here are gonna love you for that.. just a suggestion since I already am a texturing master :rolleyes: no sir I don't need them but just for the noobs out here...

;)

VerticalVertex
12-05-2003, 11:17 AM
Wire please. There should be a rule that whenever someone does a thing that makes people(me) faint they must post a wire. ;)

misu
12-05-2003, 11:35 AM
Thank you all for replying. I know there's a lot to correct and as an artist I know I won't ever be completely satisfied.
Thank you Leigh for considering my work is worth front-page. And thank you for your advice about texturing.
I'll do some additional renders in different poses and post them soon. Untill then here's some wires, and a link to a test animation, very early one. Also if you need more info regading the steps I made you can check out my thread in the WIP section.

http://www.xmg.ro/mihai/cg/05al.jpg
http://www.xmg.ro/mihai/cg/04al.jpg

here's the animation (http://www.xmg.ro/mihai/anim/anim.avi)

Incitatus
12-05-2003, 11:36 AM
well what can I say that hasn't already been said, it's amazing.

oh yeah...

The hair!!! OMG!! That's by far the best hair I have seen, it is shaded to perfection

Wonderer
12-05-2003, 12:15 PM
Beautifull! even the wire is beautifull:thumbsup:

jacky liu
12-05-2003, 12:24 PM
nice:love: :drool:
I like it :love:

BouseThral
12-05-2003, 12:25 PM
oh... my god, it's fantastic :D great job

rsalonen
12-05-2003, 12:31 PM
Really nice work!
You nailed the edge loops very well, and that shows in the end resault!

She looks so cute in that animation when she smiles :D

Keep it up.

Satyricon
12-05-2003, 12:34 PM
Just amazing bud! Great job. My only crit is that it looks like she has hair on her cleavage.
Great job once again!!!:beer:

TuroAzja
12-05-2003, 12:39 PM
Good Job !!!
Perfect modeling ,
Perfect texturing ,
Perfect lighting ,
Perfect rendering ,

for me : PERFECT :)

Raul-Reznek
12-05-2003, 02:11 PM
BRAVO FRAAAAATEEEEEEEE!!! :beer:

Bine ma!

F Bine din toate pct. ved :)

Kick ass mate, time to do East-Europe and ROMANIA justice! :D

stephen2002
12-05-2003, 02:13 PM
Absolutly amazing, very realistic to me. It is really the smile and the quality of the eyes that makes me stare are it and not think "CG" even after the 2nd and 3rd look at the picture.

The ear seems to be off a little bit in the material.

A very impressive piece of work. Excellent job!

GhostMouse
12-05-2003, 02:49 PM
:bowdown: WOW. I'm speechless. This is incredible work. :bowdown:

Julez4001
12-05-2003, 03:30 PM
Could you show a wireframe of the shirt and the texture map for it.
How big was the texture ? Image size!!!

elnady
12-05-2003, 03:51 PM
Fantastic Great job:beer:

12dreamz
12-05-2003, 03:52 PM
Greetings,

If you look at your real-life model more closely, I'm most certain, you will notice there's a very light, relatively sharp edge on the upper lip which is very important to photo realism. If you are still willing/able to change your mesh than add this detail in the topology itself rather than in the texture.

Looks like this woman means quite a lot to you...

frogchild
12-05-2003, 04:59 PM
I know I'm just one more voice to add to the pile, but man, you're piece here makes me want to push my own work further, it raises the bar.

Good on you.

Kel Solaar
12-05-2003, 05:49 PM
Amazing work :) she is beautifull. Excellent work!

roguenroll
12-05-2003, 06:27 PM
looks great, only thing I would suggest is that the sideburn area looks a little shaved up too high, (like no sideburns), im not talking about elvis ones, just a touch more depth on the ones you have.

Sfera
12-05-2003, 07:34 PM
Marfa de nota 10 amice. Am gasit creatia ta si in site-ul CICE, ca exemplu. Salutari din Palma de Mallorca:beer:

oxyg3n
12-05-2003, 07:47 PM
Just wanted to say that you did a wonderful job on this piece. I like it alot and would love to see it animated.

bluavenger
12-05-2003, 07:50 PM
What is the program that you use? :)

Copyright
12-05-2003, 07:55 PM
Good work !! Can u show us the wireframe ??Please.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JA-forreal
12-05-2003, 08:36 PM
Misu, your models mesh is very conservative, well organized and clean. Just the way I like it. Thanks for sharing this beautiful work with us.

fast4ry
12-05-2003, 08:38 PM
i like it,no crits i think its very good.

take a look to my model

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101856

excuse my english

Sceme
12-05-2003, 08:52 PM
oh...my..god....that's just something. It is so full of life. best character i've ever seen in 3d :) breathtaking

fast4ry
12-05-2003, 08:58 PM
itss for me?? is this true,or is sarcastic?? im new in 3ds,my first head.
my objetive is made a head like your.

excuse my english

XYZRGB
12-05-2003, 09:02 PM
Misu, my appologies for making suggestions on your finished work.

I viewed the making of this model in the WIP section, and was amazed to find that you modeled the hair.
One of the things that impressed me the most about this model when I first viewed it was the hair.
At the time, I had no idea that you were not using a plug in for the hair.

This is hands down the most impressive modeled hair I have ever seen.

In my opinion, you rank among the greatest 3d artist on the planet

BlackZ
12-05-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by fast4ry
itss for me?? is this true,or is sarcastic?? im new in 3ds,my first head.
my objetive is made a head like your.

excuse my english

goddamit, he has spoken to misu and his gorgeous gal, not about your head, though not bad for your first try. keep on adding ears.... :bounce:

fast4ry
12-05-2003, 09:33 PM
oh yes, i forget the name.

Raphael-Lacoste
12-05-2003, 10:08 PM
my god! 124 answers! :)
that's better to model sweet girls than BG's!
I'll think about it :)

anyway she's cute au boutte :)

JA-forreal
12-05-2003, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Vegan
Misu, my appologies for making suggestions on your finished work.

I viewed the making of this model in the WIP section, and was amazed to find that you modeled the hair.
One of the things that impressed me the most about this model when I first viewed it was the hair.
At the time, I had no idea that you were not using a plug in for the hair.

This is hands down the most impressive modeled hair I have ever seen.

Yes the hair texture is very impressive indeed. I use various renderers so a hair plugin that only makes hair at rendertime in one app is useless to me. Hair plugins that generate mesh model geometry hair are great as long as they work well with uv maps.

Misu, can show us an image of your hair clip map? You have a real sweet character modeling system. I love it. Beautiful.

shadowstalker
12-05-2003, 10:53 PM
Wow this looks damn real! Are you professional?

insseuv
12-05-2003, 11:22 PM
Awesome work :buttrock: !!

Did you show it to Squaresoft ? :thumbsup:

mage111
12-05-2003, 11:36 PM
its a great model, but the expression doesnt work. her smile seems artificial, like its, CG, thats all i can crit, otherwise it all seems fine

gj gettin on frontpage ;-)

onlooker
12-05-2003, 11:52 PM
Misu.

When you post more wires could you get some higher poly count ones like the following one I took from your W.I.P. thread. And bring in some angles of the nose. I think you did a real nice job on her, and I am verry impressed.
http://www.xmg.ro/mihai/cg/01al.jpg
BTW. I also thought it was a Stahlberg
when I first saw it.

dwin
12-06-2003, 12:11 AM
It's looked very realistic...:thumbsup:

sarfarazsoomro
12-06-2003, 01:12 AM
hi misu,

stunning piece, congrats :)

slaughters
12-06-2003, 01:24 AM
Demi Moores cousin, "Sandra"!

Obaid3DFX
12-06-2003, 08:25 AM
What can I say! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tuga_3D
12-06-2003, 09:35 AM
Misu,
thanks for sharing such a good information,
about your work.

Itīs really impressive ... "everything".

Good luck for the rest of the animation.

Zanmato
12-06-2003, 10:36 AM
Awesome work!! The hair does it for me most of all, I thought it was ShagHair at first but then I realized it was poly-modelled.
Amazing!! :thumbsup:

skyeywei
12-06-2003, 12:02 PM
wow... great job ! good textur :applause:

aynimatory65
12-06-2003, 12:25 PM
very nice!
I like her hair.It look real.

konst
12-06-2003, 12:40 PM
beutiful.:buttrock:

the new clothes is very nice...she is softer now.

bkroll
12-06-2003, 01:22 PM
Amazing model! That is probably the most realistic hair I've seen in a long time. Also, her complexion is incredible. Nice texture!

Chewey
12-06-2003, 01:43 PM
Very good looking image. If I had to add a critique I'd change the lip texture as it's a bit too rough and lumpy and also fix the ear geometry to be a bit closer to real ear geometry.

behzad
12-06-2003, 02:17 PM
well I think I read in 4 places or more , people are asking what program did you use, I wish you could had mentioned this at the start of your posting, since I do not see any place where you have defined the program being used. :scream: Feme in romania este toti fromoseta. :P

k4k
12-06-2003, 03:06 PM
SUPERB :applause:

Lifthz
12-06-2003, 03:52 PM
Great work man! The absolute ONLY thing that ruins it is that she looks too perfect! I think you should add more imperfections to her, such as perhaps make her eyebrows look less symetrical, maybe adding slightly different patterns to the hair ono the eyebrows, and also maybe give her slight stains on the teeth. :p

XYZRGB
12-06-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by behzad
well I think I read in 4 places or more , people are asking what program did you use, I wish you could had mentioned this at the start of your posting, since I do not see any place where you have defined the program being used. :scream: Feme in romania este toti fromoseta. :P

Visit the WIP section on the making of this model. Not only does it tell what program was used ( 3DS Max ), but it also shows the model from other views as well.
This girl is beautiful from any any angle. There is even an image of her with a different style of hair. ( This guy is amazing with hair ! )
Most of the image links are down, but it's still worth looking at.
Another thing that I found interesting is that he does not use any lights when rendering ( He uses HDRI if I remember correctly )

What an inspiration !!! :bowdown:

needed
12-06-2003, 06:10 PM
very nice. i think she's the best cg character ive seen so far.

Maya_Fanatic
12-06-2003, 06:34 PM
Man this is realllyyy realllyyyy realllllyyy coooolll...
veryy nice... i mean awesome stufff... keep it up dude... :D

Digiegg
12-06-2003, 06:43 PM
HOLLLLYYYYYYYYYY
Good job!! she's very pretty =)

nottoshabi
12-06-2003, 08:10 PM
Wow a Romanian cg artist! I did not thinck those existed I thought I was the only one.... Great work, welcome to cg talk.

Plays_4_Pants
12-06-2003, 08:22 PM
:beer:

Totally realistic...great to see a smiling character every once and a while :thumbsup:

Mrtcg
12-06-2003, 08:56 PM
Great
very nice , I can say nothing...

maxlover
12-06-2003, 09:27 PM
:bounce: great work, how did you make skin shader ;)

TedTerranova
12-06-2003, 09:51 PM
Really nice work. It looks like my friend's girlfriend. I'll have to send him a link :)

HenningK
12-07-2003, 02:35 AM
Better than reality. Flawless. And I dont just throw those words around. Unbelievable. Good job, friend.
love,hen

Max4ever
12-07-2003, 02:54 AM
Wow a Romanian cg artist! I did not thinck those existed I thought I was the only one.... Great work, welcome to cg talk.
nottoshabi, there is a large comunity of romanian artists on cgtalk.
casca ochii mai bine omule :P
misu,what can I say...you're the man!:thumbsup:

facial
12-07-2003, 05:46 AM
Woow, really nice work here, the lighting, shader and texture all great. She looks really beautiful.
Well done. :buttrock:

Drakaran
12-07-2003, 05:50 AM
modeling is good, texturing is excellent except for the bump as follows:

the bumps for the lips are spherical where they should be streaks (valley and hills), there are several places that the bump map is quite distorted, especially along the neckline of the top she is wearing and below the necklace to the back of neck.

otherwise, it's a pretty incredible peice of work

MPocorschi
12-07-2003, 09:51 PM
Damn misu :applause:

I've seen this from the beginning, and it's been on your mind for the last... umm.. what??? how long? :D

it tottaly amazed me the dedication you showed this piece to get it down just right. The texture is almost flawless, the hair the same, the resemblance with max4ever scandalous(just kidding ;))

i just want to critique the way you stared at me for hours and hours to see where you did wrong and I promise I will buy you a mirror to check yourself out. I mean I know I'm perfect but come on... I'm a bit shy :D

Cheers, and I am so proud to be working along your side. Pleasure matey.

Best wishes,
Mihai Pocorschi

GhostMouse
12-08-2003, 05:21 AM
This is insane! I cant stop staring. :applause:

misu
12-08-2003, 04:46 PM
Thank you all for your beautiful words and for your crits. This is helping me a lot to improve my modeling and texturing skills!
I have to say something about the software I used . All modeling was done in Max5 using poly modeling including the hair . For the hair I spent a lot of time testing . I'm not so happy with this haircut but in my next model i will use all knoledge gathered on Sandra and i hope it will be better! I know my model has a few problems with textures and I'm trying to find the right solutions for that ... but unfortunately my job takes up most of my time .
I want to thanks my co-workers (Max4ever and M.Pocorschi) for their help .I started this Model just because i wanted to improve the quality of my models and this was something like a small test before i'll do the big project

Shonic_4
12-11-2003, 05:01 AM
Hey Misu,

what can I say wonderful! wonderful! and Wonderful... I can never stop!

You are truly an inspiration!!

Cheers! and Keep up the good work!

ibeliveicanfly
12-12-2003, 04:26 PM
great work

boboroshi
12-14-2003, 12:26 AM
Wow. this has really come a long way since the WIP thread. Really impressive work.

bigbigblues
12-17-2003, 12:07 PM
Absolutely stunning work. I'm impressed by all aspects of your work here. Well done.

shyy
12-19-2003, 02:06 PM
Looking sweet and great textures

yeson
12-23-2003, 07:39 AM
Is very nice..I like it.:applause: :applause:

killeratti
12-24-2003, 01:52 AM
i really loved the way u did the eyes and the hair.getting the hair to look like that is really tough
nice soft look on the face texture

ChinARideR
12-24-2003, 01:54 PM
Very nice work, indeed. One small thing--think the material on the necklace looks very light. I think if this is the case, the necklace itself wouldn't show that much weight(like getting caught on the ends of her clavicles). I'm sure you had referance so I prbably am wrong. All in all, I'd say submit it to Expose:beer:

graybay5
01-19-2004, 06:06 PM
WOW!:applause:

Nice teeth...

Skin and hair, AMAZING too!:thumbsup:

the Muffin Man
01-20-2004, 08:50 AM
The part.. the hair part.. the scalp seems like it shouldn't be there, its just where the part is. Otherwise fantastic image :)

Kragen
01-23-2004, 04:33 AM
thats really awsome

speedhorse
01-25-2004, 02:16 AM
SO good work!!!
Continue paying close attention to ....:thumbsup:

Aimes
01-25-2004, 03:20 PM
:eek: wow great work! :thumbsup: :bowdown:

Samael no Oni
01-29-2004, 10:12 PM
Wow, that's amazing. I honestly thought it was a photograph at first. Of course, after studying it for awhile, there are a few minor errors, but those have been pointed out already.

Great work. :beer:

kausss
01-30-2004, 08:58 AM
:thumbsup: great work!! ...and she's fine too! ;)

DoLeeP
02-12-2004, 11:03 PM
:thumbsup: just amazing

Jason85
02-13-2004, 11:35 AM

i thought first it was a photo as i ve seen it...pretty eyes!! :eek:

very true!

Lampros
02-13-2004, 10:49 PM

c o o l . . .
e x c e l l e n t . . .

moonlilly
03-08-2004, 09:15 PM
how did you do the hair and skin texture especially the lips???????????

iXaarii
03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
is the link broken? I'm not seeing anything.

AlbertArt
03-10-2004, 02:57 AM
AYE CHIUAUA!!:applause:

ivcho
03-16-2004, 12:57 AM
wow

ArtManiac76
03-20-2004, 05:47 AM
You did a terrific job! Very realistic! I love the eyes and the smile.:thumbsup: :bowdown:

Ravager
03-20-2004, 03:52 PM
It's all good.:thumbsup:
The skin looks so real.

psychototo
03-20-2004, 04:04 PM
So what ?

I mean, ok, it's a 3D character, well rendered ... but what do you mean with it ?

It is only a technic piece, but there isn't any sensiblity, the composition is .... well ..... not terrific ... . So sad..

erikals
03-21-2004, 05:43 PM
psychototo, I see what you're saying, but I don't think misu's main focus was the composition, but rather trying to make a cool render. I don't think the composition is really bad though.

B.t.w. Maybe try to be more informative when you post, what would you like to see changed. Starting the post with "so what?" can give people the wrong idea.

Mother Mary
03-22-2004, 02:30 AM
again another mimisis human figure, there is no meaning.
If there is somthing call camera, who do you think you are? Can you win the camera? At Least, the camera is faster then you. Do you understand the product 'Final Fantasy 10 movie'? They render their figure so super human like, and they are over.
OK, my son, you gotta maintian your style, understand more of yourself and what you really want to present
What you are doing now has been done by aLOOOOOOOOT of people, how do you prove your existence, remember my son, reality has a limit but imagination doesn't.
Keep Praising me, I will always stand by you.

jdsb
03-22-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Mother Mary
again another mimisis human figure, there is no meaning.
If there is somthing call camera, who do you think you are? Can you win the camera? At Least, the camera is faster then you. Do you understand the product 'Final Fantasy 10 movie'? They render their figure so super human like, and they are over.
OK, my son, you gotta maintian your style, understand more of yourself and what you really want to present
What you are doing now has been done by aLOOOOOOOOT of people, how do you prove your existence, remember my son, reality has a limit but imagination doesn't.
Keep Praising me, I will always stand by you.

eh?

totally awesome work by the way.:buttrock:

kmest
03-22-2004, 07:39 PM
very beautifull girl,i can sence his happiness,she is realy alive.
this is a perfect artwork man,like before(bruce willise),you've done well.
the texture is realy nice and the shader is very profetional.i'm working on my own cg girl for a while and i'm trying to make it belivable and i think i know how difficault it is to make a realstic caracter like this one,keep good working,i'm forward to see more...:applause: :bounce: :wip:

and one more thing,there are many peoples in the world (like me) who are killing theire selves to make something as belivable as your sandra, so no matter who sais what,keep making your own imaginations,yes :the camera is more faster than cg,but can any one find a girl like your sandra?she is for your own,it's not nessesaury to do some cartoonish style so that is imagination,even "animatrix" and "final fantasy" are from someones mind,no real actress can be "dr. aki ross" and no super realstic cg caracter can be "marlyn monroe" .am i right?

any way,lovely job:wavey:

Mother Mary
03-24-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by kmest

and one more thing,there are many peoples in the world (like me) who are killing theire selves to make something as belivable as your sandra, so no matter who sais what,keep making your own imaginations,yes :the camera is more faster than cg,but can any one find a girl like your sandra?she is for your own,it's not nessesaury to do some cartoonish style so that is imagination,even "animatrix" and "final fantasy" are from someones mind,no real actress can be "dr. aki ross" and no super realstic cg caracter can be "marlyn monroe" .am i right?

any way,lovely job:wavey:

You should be happy for your effort. It doesnt matter are you mohammad believer, You are always my son.
Sorry I can't communicate with you in middle east language because Im not use to it, just like your English.
You think the Sandra is unique, well I don't think this work has any style, If you think the name 'Sandra' evokes your emotion, ok a friend of mine has a dog(female^o^) also call Sandra, If you like I can introduce to you.
What I mean style doesn't mean animation or abstract, the most important thing is the content that is your spirit and this piece of work, the lighting, the color tone, structure, black and white contrast are all copy from real life representation and even the texture of the skin is cut and paste from real photograph image.
The motive of this work is just to copy real life human, no 'feeling' is input into it, even if there is, it is toooo~ little. OK If you still insist you have some feeling for this work, that means your "ollo" is too sensitive.
Come on, you should receive my saving, my son.
keep prasing me~

HenningK
03-24-2004, 06:29 AM
I think Mother Mary is mostly right. This is an exercise, and the results are stunning, but its not art, style or expression. No more, say, than a school portrait. Art is design and intent. Art is not a platform for showing off skills, its not the craft. My demo reel is not art. A particle explosion isnt art.
Anyway... stunning, as I said. Worthy of the ten-dollar word "mimesis."
love,hen

LaoDong
03-24-2004, 02:50 PM
I like your models,and the hair is great!

kmest
03-25-2004, 02:28 PM
You should be happy for your effort. It doesnt matter are you mohammad believer, You are always my son.
Sorry I can't communicate with you in middle east language because Im not use to it, just like your English.
You think the Sandra is unique, well I don't think this work has any style, If you think the name 'Sandra' evokes your emotion, ok a friend of mine has a dog(female^o^) also call Sandra, If you like I can introduce to you.
What I mean style doesn't mean animation or abstract, the most important thing is the content that is your spirit and this piece of work, the lighting, the color tone, structure, black and white contrast are all copy from real life representation and even the texture of the skin is cut and paste from real photograph image.
The motive of this work is just to copy real life human, no 'feeling' is input into it, even if there is, it is toooo~ little. OK If you still insist you have some feeling for this work, that means your "ollo" is too sensitive.
Come on, you should receive my saving, my son.
keep prasing me

first ,you cant communicate with me in middle east language,beacause there is no common language in midle east,i speak farsi,and if you can,tell one of your farsi speakers fellowships to speak with me :thumbsup:

and you are not the first one who says "the realstic art works are not ART,they are SKILLS",i've heard it a lot,you can do what ever you want and no one is allowd to say:you are out of ART,whatever.you dont like this kind of work,ok.but there are many guys who loved it,i think no one is allowd to judje the things that others like.

SHAR
03-25-2004, 02:55 PM
THE MASTER!!!

fast4ry
03-25-2004, 06:52 PM

first ,you cant communicate with me in middle east language,beacause there is no common language in midle east,i speak farsi,and if you can,tell one of your farsi speakers fellowships to speak with me :thumbsup:

and you are not the first one who says "the realstic art works are not ART,they are SKILLS",i've heard it a lot,you can do what ever you want and no one is allowd to say:you are out of ART,whatever.you dont like this kind of work,ok.but there are many guys who loved it,i think no one is allowd to judje the things that others like. [/B][/QUOTE]

i agree :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

BrettHolton
03-25-2004, 09:51 PM
That is breath taking, the amount of detail in that picture is crazy.. also i do agree, it resembles trinity

Mother Mary
03-29-2004, 02:33 AM
first ,you cant communicate with me in middle east language,beacause there is no common language in midle east,i speak farsi,and if you can,tell one of your farsi speakers fellowships to speak with me

and you are not the first one who says "the realstic art works are not ART,they are SKILLS",i've heard it a lot,you can do what ever you want and no one is allowd to say:you are out of ART,whatever.you dont like this kind of work,ok.but there are many guys who loved it,i think no one is allowd to judje the things that others like.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me search the map for this place first

You said "the realstic art works are not ART,they are SKILLS", thats your statement, not my mean, we never said that before, don't change the words in the bible~you better re-read properly.
I don't want to repeat.

Is it mean that lots of support shall means good? Son, you are too young, only following people's ass who you think is strong. Infact maybe what you are following is an illusion. my poor son~
Don forgot there once alot of supporter for Hitler and love him .so what is your opinion on US army? alot of people are supporting them although they never say it out. If you are not from middle east so what do you think? Benefit will become your first choice.
then now can you feel the power of illusion?

you should fill up your stomach first and then come back to think my words.
Keep praising me my son~
I will always stand by you all.

Mother Mary
03-29-2004, 02:53 AM
I think Mother Mary is mostly right. This is an exercise, and the results are stunning, but its not art, style or expression. No more, say, than a school portrait. Art is design and intent. Art is not a platform for showing off skills, its not the craft. My demo reel is not art. A particle explosion isnt art.
Anyway... stunning, as I said. Worthy of the ten-dollar word "mimesis."
love,hen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since you think I am right, so? what are you trying to prove? Don't follow my ass, there is nothing for you to eat.

This is just an exercise? and the results are stunning? its not art, style or expression?No more, say, than a school portrait? Art is design and intent~so~ WHAT R U trying prove?
Let me tell you, what you said are all not important, those are all the exterior points. Motive and intent is the factor, if Motive and intent in the beggining is rubbish, no matter how strong your skill is or how advance the technology is, the work will still be rubbish.

if you want to follow me, understand my mean first
keep praising me~
my son~

biggyninja
03-29-2004, 06:06 AM
how long did this take?, looks photographic, very realistic.

coocboy
03-29-2004, 09:19 AM
beautiful

misu
04-19-2004, 12:29 PM
Mother Mary : May be you'r right ... maybe not ! I dont want to dispute about artistic feelings because i'm too involved in this project and i'll be not fear :) .
The texture was done by hand (mouse) in photoshop. It is not a copy paste process :)
I know alot of people have done 3d heads ... but this was my own head and i've spend alot of time with research because i wanted to make a real smile . I dont consider my self as an artist. I let other to be . I'm just doing what i like. So ... If you have any suggest to improve the lighting or something else please tell me . I'm allways open to receive crits.
Thanks to all for reply ! (please excuse my bad english)

Here is a part of the skin texture , take a look to see .. is not a copy paste... anyway ... if i could copy a similar texture from a real photo i'll do it .. :)

xlurk
04-28-2004, 12:19 AM
Excellent job! :thumbsup:

...the only thing I'd change is her hairline, it needs to come completely across her forehead because as it is now
you can see a reflection high up on her head underneath her hair which would be impossible to be lit up by the positioning of the light in the scene.

I like the skin texture, very well done.

karr1008
05-27-2004, 01:36 AM
First of all let me congratulate Misu for a job well done.

What can I say? The first impression is always the best one
and stays engraved on ones mind for a long time.

And of course, like any other fine piece, everybody is going to
find something to pick on. This one shows a lot of skills and art becomes part of that after a well composited scene.

Well, there is my two cents of opinion.
Let the image speak itself, Well done.

Karr1008

shiela_G
12-18-2004, 06:02 AM
just WOW! and WOW

the Muffin Man
12-24-2004, 05:45 AM
Mother Mary - You have said some interesting and thought-provoking things, but must you be so arrogant about it? It dilutes the power of anything you constructive you might have to offer. Also, you said the purpose of this is to copy a human, and so it is devoid of feeling because it is just copywork. However, humans are emotional and spiritual beings.. it would be impossible to copy a human without giving the picture feeling. I think this visually realistic picture does an excellent job of representing a human with spirit and substance. I love the light in her eyes - the whole thing is very expressive. And thats what art is all about, right? Expression? Creativity?

I think this is a very cool piece, technically magnificent and artistically very elegant. And there is no doubt in my mind this is art- the character sandra is an original expression of creativity, and a very pretty one too. Although I do support Misu in maintaining that it doesn't really matter :)

Awesome work, I say.

Now, some clarification maybe for an amateur.. That texture you posted, for the left side of the face. Is that all of the texturing for that part? In the final piece it looks so deeply textured, but what you posted is pretty simple blotches of color. Is the rest of the appearance just done through lighting & bump map? Impressive, in any case. Keep up the great stuff!

LAcrima
01-15-2005, 12:55 PM
It's the first time I see a cg girl smiling I think... nice...

zoren
03-19-2005, 02:34 AM
excellent realism....!!

Gaara_06
03-20-2005, 10:35 PM
Very nice work she's cute She looks so real and I also like her smile.

mudux
07-13-2005, 11:17 AM
I like what u did with the texture.Nice 1.

CGTalk Moderation
07-13-2005, 11:17 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.