PDA

View Full Version : PLZ HELP! international student looking for school in UK (also US/canada/HK)

MVUniverse
10-02-2012, 09:08 AM
hi, i'm an international student currently my in last year of high school from south asia country and i want to continue study abroad in digital 3D animation/visual effects school next year. i'm looking for a bachelor degree, i've done some researching n my first choice would be study to UK but there are soo many good schools that makes me confused choosing the right university.

these are lists of schools that i'm interested in: teeside, hertfordshire, birmingham city, bournemouth and northumbria university. what do you think about them? any students here from those universities? is the city great to live in? (well it's also my consideration because my parents wouldn't let me to study abroad in a city that is a bad place to live lol....) also is it hard to get in and do they require high skilled portfolio? please share your experience and your honest opinions, i'm looking for school that focus more on skills and the possibility of getting job in the industry after graduate.

the reason why uk is my top choice to study is because it's cheaper than going to US/canada, even though the truth is i really really want to study in US/canada more, it is my dream to live n work there, but going there is so expensive n i heard getting scholarship for undergraduate students are harder :( but if you have any information of great schools that can offers big scholarship for international student please tell me.

lastly, what do you think about SCAD hong kong? is it also good just like SCAD in US? study abroad to HK is also my top choice beside going to UK, even though i don't really interested living in there lol..

CGTalk Moderation
10-02-2012, 09:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.