PDA

View Full Version : rig interfaces- interacting with your chars- like armatures in messiah

macaroniKazoo
12-04-2003, 03:53 AM
ok, this is really really cool, but you'll have to bear with me though, because its not super straight forward. download this rig (http://www.macaronikazoo.com/mel/download/zooTriggered.zip).

Now contained are a bunch of scripts, and a few icons. copy them to their relevant places (ie the scripts and icons directories in your maya user dir) and load up the scene file. Now, before you do anything, load the script by running: zooTriggered

This will load the UI. now press the load button, and the little light should turn green (you can also easily install a shelf button for the script from the menu - by installing the shelf button from the menu, the shelf button icon will change depending on whether the script is loaded or not. its kinda neat)

now, once the script is loaded the icons down the right bottom corner, act like buttons. so have a play! :) its a seriously cool way of interacting with your characters.

anyway, i'd really be keen to hear feedback from all you guys.

PS the rig isn't mine, it was supplied by Andrew Silke of cane-toad.com fame. So a big thanks to him.

nendo
12-04-2003, 09:31 AM
Very cool !
But I don't understand how you have triggers not moving with the perspective view, they look like HUD Display, but they are
nurbs surfaces !?

Oh! yes, of course, that is very simple, I did not see they were
parented to the camera ! good !:)

thematt
12-04-2003, 01:38 PM
macaroniKazoo very cool script seriously..wow..only I don't seems to get is how to create my own trigger and define it so sit run with the script..can you explain that briefly.thanks

cheers.

BTW the rig is really awesome

nendo
12-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Hey thematt !
the key is the scriptJob mel command !

thematt
12-04-2003, 04:30 PM
Sorry what do you mean..in his script job command.;i'll check it out..
thanks..ou plutôt merci..heheh frenchman:beer:

modi
12-04-2003, 08:27 PM
hey, thats really cool, it kind of slows down the playback a little but its still really intuitive to work with. How do i go about making one for my own character. cheers and thanx for sharing.

macaroniKazoo
12-04-2003, 10:34 PM
thematt and modi: to create your own triggers, simply select the object that you want to be the trigger, and then shift select the target objects (however many you want) and then in the zooTriggered UI, press the "select connected" button.

the help tells you how to use it in more detail, as you can use triggers to do heaps more than just selecting things for you. for example, on my setup, i have a button that looks like a key, that keyframes all controls on my rig. so when i want to key an entire pose, i just "press" the key button.

another cool thing you could do is have character switcher buttons, that turned off all controls except for the character you were workin on at the time. it could even change cameras for you if you wanted...

have a play, and if you're still stuck, gimme a holler again, and i'll see if i can help out.

thematt
12-05-2003, 09:35 AM
Yes sorry I ask it was all written and I had read it but, weirdly I didn't understand it work with any shape..sorry..

Really really great job seriously I'm using it right at the moment for a character and it's really cool..

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.