PDA

View Full Version : New job, but computers at work crash on 3ds max 2013

wigwhambam
09-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Hello.

I have just come out of a masters in Animation and have just got my first job doing animations for an Engineering firm.

They have never used animation in their business model before, and im pretty much alone in the office on the software.

They have supplied me with a high spec computer for which to animate on and have provided me with a license for 3ds max 2013.

The spec is as follows.

Dell
intel (R) Core (TM) i7-3770 CPU @ .340 GHZ 8 (CPU's)
AMD radeon HD 7570.

The scene i have created has been comprised of alot of exported inventor models. and has gotten to the point where the file is relatively low 90mb. At this stage though the scenes become unworkable, constant crashing, and unable to import any models/use the animation scrubber.

I have 3ds max 2012 at home on my computer (3 year old machine) at a much lower specification, and the file is working perfectly well.

my home spec is

Packard Bell i xtreme 18819uk
Intel core i7 020 quad core processor
nvidia geforce GT230

Is there something wrong with the newer 2013 3ds max?
im guessing that 3ds max will automatically utilise multi processing on a machine which has it too.

Can anyone please lead me in the right direction for a solution to help my computer at work run my scenes/ At the minute im sitting at work all day not getting anything done and working on my file at home to progress with the animation.

I.T has updated the latest service pack, but i havent asked them to update the drivers for the graphics card on the new machine yet.

Could there be anything else which im not aware of that may be causing the crashes

Thankyou in advance.

olson
10-01-2012, 07:44 PM
There are likely logs from Max about the crashing. Call Autodesk support as well as there might be known issues with certain features or hardware. Definitely try updating the graphics drivers.

CGTalk Moderation
10-01-2012, 07:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.