PDA

View Full Version : Environement:red planet

DAREONER
12-03-2003, 10:07 PM
hi
a E.T crater studied by human civilization...
http://dareoner.9online.fr/image/sp6/RED-fiction.jpg

jawine
12-04-2003, 12:49 PM
The city is very nice, the man on the foreground is a bit blurred and not as detailed as the city though, if he's important in the drawing i'd put a bit more detail into him and make him stand out a bit more from the background/city.
There are also some focus problems, the man/city attact a lot of attention but the rest of the drawing doesnt add a lot (well for me then) and distracts from the vertical shape of the tower.

The drawing gives me a pleasant feeling, the feeling you get when you look at a drawing you like but not more. What did you want to evoke?

Maybe you have a story behind the picture, one that i can't get out of the drawing as it is now. All i know is that a human studies an alien crater, but that's all i can get out of the drawing. Maybe if the man had more emotion in his pose (tired after long journey, in awa by sudden discovery etc) then the drawing might evoke a bit more.

Hope this helps :)

seanic
12-06-2003, 08:43 PM
im not feeling much with this picture, its excellent and all, but i dont think there is much to inspire much emotion. Perhaps change the position of the guy in the foreground, perhaps showing him discovering this place, in a kneeled position moving forward ever so slightly to show curiosity.

Drakaran
12-07-2003, 06:52 AM
might have been better to put this thread in focused instead of here, since this is more an illustration than, say, a work of art, in which case, I might have gone over composition, fog effects, etc.

about all I get here is a since of repression, the atmosphere is heavy and the color palatte is pretty narrow adding to the heavy, depressive feeling.

there's a lot more I like about it from a technical view than an evocative one.

DAREONER
12-07-2003, 11:21 AM
hi,
thanks for feeback
drakaran : because an illustration is not regarded as a work of art? please forget the 3d technique

Drakaran
12-07-2003, 09:08 PM
well then, what are you trying to evoke?

Spirit2029
12-11-2003, 09:31 AM
I've seen this before..but it was blue and rainy instead...that one was more moody

Spirit2029

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.