PDA

View Full Version : how to make effective rollover and pressed in state with this button?

brobins
12-03-2003, 10:57 PM
hi, i am making an interactive cd-rom in director and the buttons i am trying to use are almost the same as this:

http://www.voidix.com/glassorb.html

i think the actuall orb looks great as the button in an untouched state, but i would need to create a rollover state and a pressed down state...

how would you do this for best results?

cheers

Ian Jones
12-04-2003, 12:26 AM
You are practically asking someone to design a down state for your button. You need to actually think up a way to do it yourself. You may have done a tutorial for glass orb creation but obviously the most important lesson didn't wear off. A tutorial is only meant as a guide / demonstration to a technique. It is now up to you to explore and come up with your own design of a button down state.

Sentenza
12-04-2003, 12:44 AM
The most simple way that I can think of in this case is maybe just to change the yellowish color of the default button ...

You can also add some more greater visible shadows or edges or stuff like that so it looks like it was pushed down ...

But Ian Jones is right ... now, after doing the voidx tutorial, you have a clue to do stuff like this and from that starting point you have to switch on your imagination or whatever I should call it an "develop your own button" ...

brobins
12-04-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Ian Jones
You are practically asking someone to design a down state for your button. You need to actually think up a way to do it yourself. You may have done a tutorial for glass orb creation but obviously the most important lesson didn't wear off. A tutorial is only meant as a guide / demonstration to a technique. It is now up to you to explore and come up with your own design of a button down state.

naa i am askin for opinions on how ppl would do it in different ways....i havent even done this tutorial, i created my glass orb in illustrator at college, this tut was the nearest i could find though to show you guys an example of what mine is like

i was tryin to get input from ppl on how they would do this technique, i can think of a few ways of doing it, just lookin for opinions

but, thanks anyway for your input:bowdown: :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.