PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo's Gold Week

AnimBot
12-03-2003, 10:21 PM
http://pocket.ign.com/articles/442/442673p1.html

More than 500,000 GBAs sold during the first big shopping time in the US.

December 02, 2003 - In a company announcement today, Nintendo revealed that not only did they sell through more GameCube systems than its PlayStation 2 and Xbox competition during Thanksgiving week, the only system that managed to beat out the Nintendo console was the Game Boy Advance system.

Nintendo revealed that it sold through almost 600,000 units of the GBA system last week in the US alone.

-- Craig Harris

Neil
12-03-2003, 10:36 PM
Good for Nintedo!

...althought i wouldn't be too proud, saying they had to cut the price by nearly 2/3

AJ
12-03-2003, 10:50 PM
I don't care if they're giving them away - the more people that get to play Zelda/Monkeyball the better the place the World will be!*

:D

*Not legally binding

erilaz
12-03-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by AJ_23
I don't care if they're giving them away - the more people that get to play Zelda/Monkeyball the better the place the World will be!*

:D

*Not legally binding

I whole heartedly agree. We would be a utopian paradise if everyone saved Zelda and Princess Peach at least once a year.:love:

TheGreenGiant
12-04-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by erilaz
I whole heartedly agree. We would be a utopian paradise if everyone saved Zelda and Princess Peach at least once a year.:love:

whole heartedly agree with a biscuit.

kwshipman
12-04-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by AJ_23
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I dissagree, Monkey Ball and the addiction that it brings, has almost ruined some of my friendships. After playing for a while, people nolonger agree on which mini game should be played. Shortly there after all out fighting breaks out between the "Bowlers" and the "Flying Monkies" It is truly a sad thing.

Monkeyball owns you!:deal:

barto9
12-04-2003, 01:38 AM
sure they cut the cost but if you buy a GBA you gotta buy games which is more $$$

seanic
12-04-2003, 04:40 AM
hmm quantity doesn't beat quality...i will never go back to nintendo unfortunately.

Neil
12-04-2003, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by seanic
hmm quantity doesn't beat quality...i will never go back to nintendo unfortunately.

Huh? You mean to say that you think Nintendo puts out low quality games :hmm:

Larry_g1s
12-04-2003, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Neil
Good for Nintedo!

...althought i wouldn't be too proud, saying they had to cut the price by nearly 2/3

As long as you're profitable that's the bottom line. ;)

heavyness
12-04-2003, 05:36 AM
sure they cut the price, but maybe it's showing that hardware and internet is not a top priority when it comes to selling systems.. xbox was taking a hit at $300, now it's down to $179, and i'm sure MS is still losing money on every system sold.

i'm not knocking MS, but why judge Nintendo?

AnimBot
12-04-2003, 08:02 AM

This is the most puzzling statement ever.

Spankspeople
12-04-2003, 02:15 PM
We would be a utopian paradise if everyone saved Zelda and Princess Peach at least once a year.

Don't worry... I'm at least making up for my four roommates. Actually, since I got the Gamecube disc, I think I'm currently in the middle of every Zelda game(even the Gameboy ones!)... damned short attention span.

Bet I wind up with a big final boss marathon one of these days... *grin*

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.