PDA

View Full Version : Service Pack 1 for thinkingParticles 5!

MKabesh
09-25-2012, 04:01 PM
cebas introduces Service Pack 1 for Hollywood's Favourite Destruction Tool - thinkingParticles 5!

With its new thinkingParticles 5 robust performance and high ratings, cebas Visual Technology Inc. is pleased to announce the release of its first service pack available for 3ds Max and 3ds Max Design 2013.

The service pack provides users with new features to facilitate and enhance simulations, as well as fixes to issues that were reported earlier.

Learn more about SP1 and how to get it HERE (http://www.cebas.com/index.php?pid=news_next&nid=508) !

Stay up to date with cebas online:
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/cebasVT)
Google+ (https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/116507647503064158414/116507647503064158414/posts)
YouTube (www.youtube.com/cebasvt)
The Core (cebas.org/blog/)

TheRazorsEdge
09-28-2012, 09:42 AM
I'm sorry to post this here, but after almost a whole frustrating week of pulling broken bits of pieces of info out of the noses of your support, I'm at the end with my patience and quite honestly sick of it.

I am a paying client and all I want is access to the 64-bit Versions of Sp1 for Max 2012 and 2013.

Use the Downloader, they tell me.

I tell them, that my little 64-bit work-network does not go online.

No problem, they say, just install the downloader on any machine, go into the Settings, select the version you want the plugin for, check a "installed" check-mark and off you go!

Sounds simple enough, but apparently it doesn't work that way. All I get from my 32-bit Internet machine is the 32-bit version for Max 2013, nothing else, which is as good as nothing for me.

I tell them, that that's all I'm getting but it's no good for me, that I need the 64-bit versions for both Max 2012 and 2013.

The answer I get almost sends me jumping out of my chair straight to the ceiling and I feel like smashing something: "64-bit software doesn't run on 32-bit systems, but 32-bit software runs without problems on a 64-bit OS."

I keep my cool and reply politely, that I am very well aware of that, but require the 64-bit versions of the software for my 64-bit installations of Max.

Now they tell me this crucial little detail, which somehow they failed to mention 6 days ago:"To get the 64-bit versions of the service packs, you need a 64-bit system to download it. That's how the system works."

Is this a joke?

In these economically trying times, do you guys, as the only company selling major plugins for Max etc, honestly expect me and possible a good number of other freelance users to trash my little 32-bit online machine/organize/buy a 64-bit system or put in the extra time to set up and possibly compromise one of my workstations just to get the updates for one, single plugin?

This is more than just a mere inconvenience, so please do provide me with a more reasonable alternative to get those updates.

Cheers!

Edwin Braun
09-28-2012, 04:35 PM
This is more than just a mere inconvenience, so please do provide me with a more reasonable alternative to get those updates.
Cheers!

As I explained to you in our quite lengthy email exchange, the solution is simple - get a 64-Bit system connected to the internet and the problem is solved. Our system is not designed to - nor can it work in a way that handles 64-Bit installations on a 32-Bit system. This is how operating systems work.

At this moment we can not do anything else and a solution was offered to you. If you are not able to connect a 64-bit system to get the installs we can not help you right now. We are looking into optimizing our system to work easier and better. However, there is no other request or situation where a user is not able to get a 64-bit system online to receive the installs.

We are working on enhancing our system to support network-distributed installations, the idea is to help sys admins to handle network installs easier - still we will not be able to do 64-bit installs on 32-Bit systems.

Check our new forum at my.cebas.com there we can help you in a more direct way.

-ed

TheRazorsEdge
09-29-2012, 09:50 AM
As I explained to you in our quite lengthy email exchange, the solution is simple - get a 64-Bit system connected to the internet and the problem is solved. Our system is not designed to - nor can it work in a way that handles 64-Bit installations on a 32-Bit system. This is how operating systems work.

At this moment we can not do anything else and a solution was offered to you. If you are not able to connect a 64-bit system to get the installs we can not help you right now. We are looking into optimizing our system to work easier and better. However, there is no other request or situation where a user is not able to get a 64-bit system online to receive the installs.

We are working on enhancing our system to support network-distributed installations, the idea is to help sys admins to handle network installs easier - still we will not be able to do 64-bit installs on 32-Bit systems.

Check our new forum at my.cebas.com there we can help you in a more direct way.

-ed

Funny, up until a few minutes ago I don't remember having had any email exchange with you (Edwin Braun) at all and neither was any exchange of communications I've had with your support lengthy. The person who replied to my emails was, at least judging from the name, female and rather scarce, if not on the verge of unaccommodating in her explanations.

Anyways, I just saw your email in my account and have hence removed from this post the admittedly rather spicy comments I had prepared in response to your above reply initially. I'm looking forward to getting this issue resolved conveniently both in the present and future.

I assume this is all to prevent piracy, which is something I fully understand, but if such efforts are unnecessarily inconveniencing paying customers and thus are basically punishing them, it's my personal opinion that you've clearly gone too far.

Cheers!

CGTalk Moderation
09-29-2012, 09:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.