PDA

View Full Version : Curse Be me and Weightmaps Too!

madheavy
12-03-2003, 07:31 PM
ARRGH!!

I was just re-weighting my character using simpler weight maps. I go to layout and I in ITEM PROPERTIES I associate each bone with the proper W Map. Everything looked good besides the feet and toes. However after I selected USE WEIGHT MAP ONLY everthing moved perfectly. I looked great! I was happy! However after I saved the Scene file, suddenly when I move the character's legs, the weight maps for the character's feet and toes all are wacky again!. (They behave as if the weight maps were done wrong)

Can somebody help me out please?
Thanks

projectcoil
12-03-2003, 07:36 PM
Shiver me timbers, but have ye tried de-selecting and re-selecting use weight map only on the affecting bone. I know it's a long stretch, but ye got me lass. Arr.

madheavy
12-03-2003, 08:09 PM
Here are two screen shots showing my problem
Here it looks great!

madheavy
12-03-2003, 08:12 PM
Here how the chacter behaves after I save. I also tried restarting my pc and opening the scene. still is acting weird. BTW the rig is done with ACS4.

AndrewE
12-03-2003, 08:29 PM
Set your Subdivision Order to last within the object geometery tab.

madheavy
12-03-2003, 08:38 PM
:Set your Subdivision Order to last within the object geometery tab.

I tried your suggestion. I changed all of the object's SUBDIVISION ORDER to last...still the same issue.

SplineGod
12-03-2003, 09:59 PM
I never use the "use weight map only" setting. It makes setting up weight maps a greater pain. The combined amount of weighting on each point cant be over 100% or you do get strange results. You need to make sure every vertex has a weight map and every bone is assigned to a weight map.

I dont use weight maps much myself and if I do I make sure theyre very very simple. :)

In modeler Click on one of the points that youre having trouble with and hit the i (info) button. See what weights are assigned to it and their strengths.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.