PDA

View Full Version : texture not displaying on model

spootyvell
09-25-2012, 04:17 AM
Hey, first post - let me know if I've stuffed up.

So I've got two rigged and skinned characters in a scene. one appears to be behaving normally, textures and all. The other however is not. The entire model is entirely white (not a material that I can identify in the material editor) and won't respond to any material I try to chuck on it.

Before you ask, I have "show material in viewport" checked on. and I'm fairly certain the normals aren't flipped, otherwise I'm sure it'd all be black, rather than white.

I can put of texturing it for now but it's a bit of a bother now that i'm trying to UVW unwrap it as I can't apply a checker pattern on it to see if my unwraps are effective or if they're not relaxing properly.

Any ideas?

Ta.

(using max 2013 by the way)

leavethetvon
10-05-2012, 09:42 PM
First off, it's not frozen is it? If not, I would first just try making a material from scratch, assigning any old jpg you have and applying to that mesh and seeing what happens. Sometimes materials in Max get jacked up and you just have to start with a new one.

danimh8er
10-06-2012, 03:20 AM
Any chances you are pulling the map from a drive that may not be mapped? Noramally max will warn you about this but sometimes it doesn't. Also, how large is the file?

leavethetvon
10-08-2012, 12:36 AM
Also make sure under Views--Show Materials in Viewport As, you have selected Standard With Maps.

CGTalk Moderation
10-08-2012, 12:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.