PDA

View Full Version : Starting New

shrish109
09-24-2012, 09:24 AM
Hello Everyone.

A little information about me. I have a BA in physics. and am looking to change careers to the field of animation and digital art. I have been painting for many years now. I have made paintings (abstract, real depiction), sketches and some sculpting pieces on my own. I recently started working on digital art projects like illustrations. I just don't know how to proceed... I am 25 and am trying to find a way to start into this field. So here are a few questions for the community:

are there any relatively cheaper schooling options? I dont have the financial resources for a 4 year degree. This is my main problem. 4 yr art schools are very expensive. And to be specifically trained in any field e.g character animation in the beginning of a career seems like a very risky move.

Is there a course I could do that will train me for a specific job in the art industry and then i can branch out into other art forms? Some schools I have looked at have a 1 yr program in VFX. is that a good idea?

I was thinking of doing online schooling for illustrations as well as animation. But I haven't found a combined program. Is it a good idea just to pick something like character animation and go to school for a year for a job prospect?

Any helpful advice/comment will be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Shrishti

CGTalk Moderation
09-24-2012, 09:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.