PDA

View Full Version : !!!Dwarf Contest Results!!!

Obnomauk
12-03-2003, 05:32 PM
First off, Congratulations to everyone who completed an entry you guys did a fantastic job. And to those who worked hard on an entry but didn't get it finished in time, we look forward to seeing your work in a future competition.

Here are the results:

1st Place: Schlitzy

It was generally agreed by the majority of voters that Schlitzy was the best executed model in the topic. Congratulations Jim:applause:

2nd Place: Gimpy

A close second and it was generally agreed that this entry looked like it would be a lot of fun to animate. Personally I give it the Obnomention for most disturbing concept. :thumbsup:

3rd Place: Nerdy

The nerd waves just roll off this character and it was a well executed design. the Abacus was a particularly nice touch

4th Place (honorable mention): Rhoady

The pose and the attitude really came through on this character. the faux-fur poncho was well done. Would have loved to see this character in an air guitar pose.

Congratulations to all! :applause: the Winner can PM me with their address and I will sign and ship a copy of Animation:Master 2002: A Complete Guide to them. Also contact MyFault for your $50 Amazon Gift Certificate.

The judging was done primarily by the votes received by private message. Any and all ties were sorted out and decided by the unanimous decision of the unofficial judging team of Obnomauk and MyFault.

-David Rogers

JTalbotski
12-03-2003, 07:42 PM
Hurray! It's over!

Onto the next contest!

Actually I want to say thanks again to everyone for their input on Schlitzy and their votes in the contest. And congratulations to everyone who entered.

To get things rolling again, I hereby offer a copy of "Learning 3D Character Animation with Jeff Lew" to the winner of the next contest, whatever the contest may be. (I'm keeping the signed copy I got from the Hash Mascot contest, though). :p

Jim

Zaryin
12-03-2003, 07:44 PM
Congratulations to everyone in this contest. I can't believe mine was chosen third. I was going to do more with him, but my computer broke down.

And look who won everyone... Jim. I can't believe it! :). Congrats to the Winner. You help me strive to kick your butt in the next modelling competition. MWA HAHAHA!!!

modernhorse
12-03-2003, 08:01 PM
That's mighty fine of you Jim. Sheesh what will happen if you now focus your energy on animation?!

Pengy300
12-03-2003, 08:02 PM
Congrats to the winners. Jim I think you need to send a copy of Schlitzy to Disney, I'm sure Eisner could use a good laugh right about now:)

JTalbotski
12-03-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by modernhorse
That's mighty fine of you Jim. Sheesh what will happen if you now focus your energy on animation?!

I don't think I have that much energy. :)

Originally posted by Pengy300
Congrats to the winners. Jim I think you need to send a copy of Schlitzy to Disney, I'm sure Eisner could use a good laugh right about now:)

Or he's cranky enough to sue me! :D

Jim

My Fault
12-03-2003, 09:06 PM
Woohoo, great job to everyone involved!

Jim, if you could PM me with your email address, I can get the gift certificate to you. Congrats!

itsjustme
12-04-2003, 03:49 AM
Congrats to Jim and everyone that placed! It was fun watching all of the dwarves develop.

Shazam3D
12-04-2003, 04:09 AM
Congratulations to all, especially to Jim! :applause: Was a funny competition.

JM

hoochoochoochoo
12-04-2003, 07:52 AM
congratulations Jim! I'm really pleased the competition has finally reached its climax and Schlitzy is a wonderful standard to try and beat for the next modelling comtest.

Well done to EVERYBODY complete or not complete I had serious fun and learned a heck of a lot.

dagooos
12-04-2003, 04:19 PM
Congrats Jim,

For a well done model ! (and I thought you did a nice job of kinda leading the way) the modeling part of the contest went really well I thought.

After your model I really could not pick a second place model, they were all really modeled well.

cheers :beer:

shaunf
12-05-2003, 03:58 AM
A well deserved winner!! And congratulations to all entries, I thought they were terrific!

Ahem.......

now, I'm ready to animate schlitzy...... (perhaps a pub scene?)
:)

Shaun

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.