PDA

View Full Version : Detect default Vertex Colors

Marcel
12-03-2003, 05:05 PM
I'm having a small problem with vertex colors: I'm using a script for exporting some objects which may or may not have vertex colors applied.

When an object has no vertex colors applied it still returns the values 0 0 0 when the vertex color is queried. But in the viewport the object doesn't have vertex colors.
How can I detect if an object has vertex colors applied or not?

I've tried using 'listConnections -type polyColorPerVertex' to see if the mesh has a vertex color node attached to it, but I couldn't get it to work....somehow not all meshes with vertex colors have this node attached to it.

(Or alternatively, is there a command that makes all vertex colors visible (without destroying the present vertex colors) in the viewport so that I can see the objects without vertex colors applied?)

mhovland
12-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Here is my "vertex Color" shelf. It has buttons for displaying vertex colors, vertex colors and textures, and disabling the vertex color display.

Hope it helps

Marcel
12-04-2003, 08:31 AM
Your shelf works perfectly, it's a brilliant piece of work.
Thanks for helping me out again Mike!

mhovland
12-04-2003, 03:31 PM
Not a problem :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.