PDA

View Full Version : record brush strokes?

hardimage
12-03-2003, 03:03 PM
...in combustion3, possible?

i was looking for a rec-button and in the manuals, couldnt find anything.

Chris
12-03-2003, 08:04 PM
theres no stroke recorder is C*. You can reveal your text using particles on a path (theres a tut somewhere on discreet.com) but I always find it faster & more controllable to paint whatever it is out over time, then reverse it.

dg
12-03-2003, 08:54 PM
I would like to see a button like that in combustion too :)

For now you can you particles or masks for that, I think that with particles it's easier and quickier :\

See ya!

hardimage
12-04-2003, 09:10 AM
thats a shite, since c3 has a swf-flash export now.
but even for other stuff as well.

because after effects has a stroke-rec, but no swf-export afaik.

(a stroke-recorder should have been in c2.1 already. its a bit dissappointing now)

Chris
12-04-2003, 08:47 PM
its funny, even when I had a stroke recorder on my machine, I still did write-ons manually, I like the extra control you have over the timing, it allows you to put some flourish into the animations.

Different Strokes for Different folks I guess. :D pun intended! ;)

dg
12-06-2003, 04:02 PM
Yeah Chris I also agree with you, but that depends in according to the work you are in, and Combustion is getting older enough to have a option like stroke start and stroke end or something, this way would save us of doing masks for every single stroke, as for the ability of recording the strokes on the fly I don't care that much, but will be a really welcome plus for sure.
There was another thing that I used to like in Cyborg was the ability to hit play and as you move things he automatically creates the keyframes for you, combustion could have something like that too when you hit animate and play, not that useless but cool.

See ya!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.