PDA

View Full Version : Vfx

render3drow
09-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Hello everybody, my name is Andrea. I'm 22 years old and I'm from Barcelona, Spain. I already studied a postgrade of Interior Design and a master of Infoarchitecture. I wanna study VFX but I don't know if I should do something before to get a better base. What do you recommend me? Should I do moddeling first? or another thing?

Thanks!

mastertsif
09-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Do you have any knowledge of the basics of any CG software? If no, then I would advice you to start by learning After Effects and then move on to other VFX software(such us 3ds max with Rayfire and FumeFX, Maya, Houdini, Realflow etc.) All these depend on what kind of VFX you want to study. You should make a question to yourself. Do you like doing e.g. fluid simulations or you prefer creating Rigid body sims... I would suggest that you try all of the above software and you might also find even more like these that I don't know. That's a brief overiew. Hope I helped! :beer:

MiniBaah
09-25-2012, 02:53 PM
I heard that The Animation Workshop might be having a 15-wek VFX course in the near future. There is no information online yet though.

leigh
10-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Do you have any knowledge of the basics of any CG software? If no, then I would advice you to start by learning After Effects and then move on to other VFX software(such us 3ds max with Rayfire and FumeFX, Maya, Houdini, Realflow etc.) All these depend on what kind of VFX you want to study. You should make a question to yourself. Do you like doing e.g. fluid simulations or you prefer creating Rigid body sims... I would suggest that you try all of the above software and you might also find even more like these that I don't know. That's a brief overiew. Hope I helped! :beer:

You're confusing VFX with FX. FX is sims, particles, etc. VFX describes the entire process of creating visual effects shots, from modelling and matchmoving all the way through to compositing.

To the OP, what area of VFX are you specifically interested in?

CGTalk Moderation
10-02-2012, 02:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.