PDA

View Full Version : Blender for Mac

monarts
09-21-2012, 01:51 AM
Now I am using a Mac machine in my office and I love to use Maya preference for Blender. The truth is I am using Mac machine first time and all these years I have been using windows machine. How it will work with Mac keyboard and mouse? Or should I use a windows keyboard and mouse? If so how it will work? Will it be good? Expecting opinions from experts.

Thanks.

RichardMarklew
09-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Blender works just as well with any keyboard or mouse. If you don't want to use the middle mouse for navigation enable 'emulate 3 button mouse' in user preferences. Alt+LMB would be the equivalent to MMB. I use it this way even with a mouse with MMB

monarts
09-22-2012, 01:05 AM
thank you so much, friend. But may I ask one thing? Will it work if I use a windows keyboard and mouse to work in blender? Because I wish to use Maya preferences as I have been working in Maya for the past 8 years.

scrimski
09-22-2012, 08:39 AM
Any 3 button mouse will work on a mac. As for the keyboard - get used to it. Simple as that.

monarts
09-25-2012, 01:21 AM
Thank you all for the responses. May be I will work with a windows keyboard and mouse for blender in Mac. Its tough to learn Mac keyboard short cuts as I am pretty much used to with windows short cuts.

CGTalk Moderation
09-25-2012, 01:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.