Is going to be ready soon?

thanx

5TEF
12-03-2003, 12:45 PM
same thing for me Leigh ;)

your book for christmas !!!

leigh
12-03-2003, 05:19 PM
I'm still writing it! I'm not sure if I can actually mention when it will be available, but it will be sometime in the first quarter of next year :)

ronaldomiranda
12-03-2003, 05:47 PM
Ok lady, i will wait paciently ------> :cry:

Thank you

5TEF
12-03-2003, 05:49 PM
Ok Leigh !!!
:thumbsup:

i want it with a dedicaced poster of you ;)

NanoGator
12-03-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by 5TEF
i want it with a dedicaced poster of you ;)

That line was kinda creepy given your Gollum avatar there.

projectcoil
12-03-2003, 06:07 PM
One question. I know you're not a big fan of procedurals, but will you be covering procedurals and animating textures in your book?

kurv
12-03-2003, 06:21 PM
Leigh, that might be a good idea...a big fold out poster of you in the back of the book :thumbsup:

You can say when the book is coming out...were kinda at Leigh's mercy on that one...but I know she is writing as fast as she can (Leigh..?)!

I have seen a lot of the book and it is simply...incredible!!! Leigh was one of the reasons I started actually using LW myself...

We will be setting up a site just for Leigh's book, very soon...

Thanks for asking everyone!!

5TEF
12-03-2003, 06:57 PM
Gollum is a big fan of Leigh :)

carbon8
12-03-2003, 07:00 PM
Lot's of Hormones in this thread!!!
HEHEHE!

This sounds like a late christmas present for me.
By the way Leigh, how was the 46664 gig? I though of you when I saw the coverage since it was in S.Africa.

:bounce:

chrisWhite
12-03-2003, 07:16 PM
I can't wait until it comes out, it's going to be so good. I hope you do some procedurals and a big section on UV Mapping :buttrock:

5TEF
12-03-2003, 07:35 PM
Gollum want a puppet of Leigh for christmas...

:)

LittleFenris
12-03-2003, 08:23 PM
So Wordware will be publishing Leighs book...just one more book I'll have to buy from them. :buttrock: Wes, will my discount from preordering the LW8 TnT's book be useful for Leighs book?! (and Timothy Albees CGI Film book?)

chrisWhite
12-03-2003, 08:34 PM
I hope so, I'm saving my coupon for it, I'm hoping to order Leighs book, Timothy's and the Character Animation one as well with the coupon. Maybe Wordware could let us pre-order kretin's book to?

LittleFenris
12-03-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by N2ChristTheKing
I hope so, I'm saving my coupon for it, I'm hoping to order Leighs book, Timothy's and the Character Animation one as well with the coupon. Maybe Wordware could let us pre-order kretin's book to?

ah, they are doing kretins book also? Man Wordware is gonna be getting a bunch of my money when those all come out. :cry: :) I have the Character Animation book, its a great resource. :thumbsup:

chrisWhite
12-03-2003, 09:00 PM
I'm pretty sure that's what I heard, but don't quote me on it :D

kurv
12-03-2003, 09:02 PM
Wow, thanks folks...

Don't tell anyone, but those coupons...they are good from now till 2005 and they can be used again...and again....and again. So unless you have a prize coupon and some of you may have, you know who you are. Your coupon is good for multiple purchases.

So VWTornado, yes you can use your TnT coupon for multiple books at different times :)

and

N2ChristTheKing, unless you have a prize coupon you do not need to save it. If you need to verify it, email me at the Wordware address and I will check it.

Yep, we are publishing a LOT of LW titles this coming year that we have sorta kept quiet about due to LW 8.

Cartoon Characters - Kretin
Design First - Geoffrey Kater
Lighting Update (8) - Nicholas Boughen
Texturing - Leigh
LightWave Applied - Jennifer Hachigian / Dave Jerrard
Modeling - Steve Warner
Raytracing - Emmanuele Viale

AndrewE
12-03-2003, 09:04 PM
Damn it dood, your going to take all my money away from me.....and the worst part, I CAN'T WAIT!

chrisWhite
12-03-2003, 09:10 PM
WOW :eek: I didn't know I was going to be needing to save that much, maybe you should set some of us up with automatic pre-order accounts ;-) Any chance you could tell us when you'll be expecting any of these? Even if it's just saying first quarter or something. I simply can't wait :thumbsup:

kurv
12-03-2003, 10:47 PM
Seriously, thank you!!

All of them should be out between Feb and May of 2004.

We can't wait either!! :bounce:

leigh
12-03-2003, 11:19 PM
Hehehe well, as Wes said, I'm writing as fast as I can. Things here are TOTALLY crazy at the moment, but I am trying to get the book finished as soon as I possibly can, and right now I'm aiming to have all the writing finished by the end of January.

As you can imagine, working in a studio, writing for 2 books, working for CGNetworks and teaching part time is really a major stress and a crazy lifestyle, but that's how things are at the moment :argh:

carbon8 - hell yeah I was at the show!!! It was ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. Peter Gabriel has long been a HUGE hero of mine, so seeing him live was a dream come true. Seeing Queen was also totally amazing - a real highlight of my life :D

Projectcoil - yes of course I've covered procedurals very extensively. People misunderstood my view on procedurals... I love them and use them a lot, I've just always thought that beginners should avoid them because you don't learn much from using them if you don't know much about texturing.
In fact, so far the procedurals chapter is the longest chapter I've written ;)

carbon8
12-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Ah Crap Leigh! That sounds like it was a killer gig. How was
Bono/U2? I didn't realize Peter Gabriel was there. That just tops the list. You one lucky chick!

leigh
12-03-2003, 11:43 PM
Bono (who was there with The Edge) was awesome, as always. The only U2 number they did was "One" - which was, of course, excellent. His other perfomances, which were collaborations with everyone from Beyonce to Dave Stewart to a bunch of others, were great too. He's such a cool person :D

Peter Gabriel and Queen were definitely the best though. Queen certainly got the biggest reaction from the audience :D

carbon8
12-03-2003, 11:46 PM
I am greeeeeen with envy. The news in the states said that it was U2 and bono. Didn't realize it wasn't all.
Glad you had a good time. Next time, stream a copy for us.

Green, green, green, green....

leigh
12-03-2003, 11:50 PM
The show was streamed live on the Internet, and also went out live on MTV, on radio, and on hundreds of other TV channels all over the world :D

The DVD is coming out next March.... I'll definitely be getting it so that I can relive the memory. It was the coolest show I've ever been to!

Pity that the whole of U2 wasn't there, but the show was so packed full of other awesome performers that it wasn't a major deal!

carbon8
12-03-2003, 11:53 PM
Ah...
I'm behind I guess. I'll have to get the dvd when it comes out.
Sorry I hyjacked this thread by the way. Didn't mean to.

By the way, I'll be buying your book too.

nessjp
12-04-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Leigh
As you can imagine, working in a studio, writing for 2 books.......

Two books?

SplineGod
12-04-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by nessjp
Two books?
Her Texturing Book and the Lightave 8: 1001 Tips and Tricks. :)

Keiyentai
12-04-2003, 02:40 AM
Just when I think 1 book is enough...jeez....now I am really going to be broke lol. I want both books now....argh...hopefully they wont be too much. Though guessing from the price of Inside LightWave 7 and other LW books I have seen the normal price is about $60 US....urg.....need job....SOME ONE HIRE ME! lol.

Locutus
12-04-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by wordwarepub
Wow, thanks folks...

Don't tell anyone, but those coupons...they are good from now till 2005 and they can be used again...and again....and again. So unless you have a prize coupon and some of you may have, you know who you are. Your coupon is good for multiple purchases.

So VWTornado, yes you can use your TnT coupon for multiple books at different times :)

and

N2ChristTheKing, unless you have a prize coupon you do not need to save it. If you need to verify it, email me at the Wordware address and I will check it.

Yep, we are publishing a LOT of LW titles this coming year that we have sorta kept quiet about due to LW 8.

Texturing - Leigh
Modeling - Steve Warner
Dude, I might as well just hand you guys my credit card right now and call it a day.
BTW, any chance of Wordware offering discounts to educational institutions? Just curious.

It's good time to be a Lightwaver.

nessjp
12-04-2003, 03:47 AM
Not sure where or how to get these coupons or if I missed them, but is there any kind of discount if we were to buy all of them? Or pre-pay for all of them?

thanks.

kurv
12-04-2003, 04:26 AM
Locutus - Sure, email me your details at wbeckwith@wordware.com.

nessjp - You can get a coupon from www.wordware.com/lightwavewww.wordware.com/lightwave (http://www.wordware.com/lightwave) look below the Essentials Book info, I have posted a special CGTalk coupon. Also if you pre-order the LightWave 3D 8: 1001 Tips and Tricks book you will get a better discount.

Thanks all!! :bowdown:

Keiyentai
12-04-2003, 05:27 AM
sweet 37% off. Alright! :D lol. How soon can I preoder Leighs book?

mokba
12-04-2003, 05:32 AM
Wes,
You folks have really taken the ball and run. When I started using LW there were very few books available. At this rate I will soon be broke but happy about it. Thanks!!!! mokba

Nemoid
12-04-2003, 09:36 AM
Happy to see that there will be a ton of Lightwave books in 2004!! and written by the most talented users as well. :drool:

personally can't wait for Leigh's book and also Tim book. they will be a must- have surely. :buttrock:

apex
12-04-2003, 10:20 AM
Texturing - Leigh
Modeling - Steve Warner

Is your stock openly traded on the market or private? I gotta get in on this action :drool: , whats the call letters? :D

Monty
12-04-2003, 01:13 PM
Hey Wes,

Why not put a wish list where you list the bunch of new LW titles and we can request to be contacted when more info on these are ready. I would also be interested in some sort of combined shipping so I dont pay for individual shipping if I order 2 or more books. Anyhow, I already pre-ordered the LW8 tips book and would be interested in Leigh's book as well. Maybe you can put up some teaser texts on the other books soon so that we can all do our Christmas book shopping in one go.

Anyway, just an idea. :thumbsup:

LittleFenris
12-04-2003, 02:49 PM
Whenever I can preorder Leigh and Kretin's books, I'm doing it!! I'll be checking into the other books as well...you can never have too much Lightwave learning material!! :buttrock:

cuse
12-04-2003, 03:15 PM
Yea im on both of those books as soon as theyre released.

cuse

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.