PDA

View Full Version : Looking to upgrade to Xeon processor(s) - In need of Advice!

JoshoPosho
09-19-2012, 01:12 AM
Hey all,

I'm planning on building a new rig and thinking of getting two Xeon processors. I'm looking for the best bang for my buck and at the moment I've been eyeing the Xeon E3-1275V2.

My question is what sort of performance increase can I expect if I purchase two and have a dual socket system going as opposed to just one Xeon processor?

I'm planning on using Maya and Max a whole lot and I'm going to be rendering on the rig quite a bit too. Is it wise for me to get two of these or should I go for a high end i7?

I have 16gb DDR3 Ram and 2x 460GTXs at 786mb.

Should I get two E3-1275V2 or one i7-3930k or maybe something else? I'm not sure so any advice on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

tswalk
09-19-2012, 05:41 AM
i'm about 99% sure that you can only have a single E3 processor in a system.. and you'll have to move up to a E5 or E7 for dual.

CGTalk Moderation
09-19-2012, 05:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.