PDA

View Full Version : Flame/Inferno classes?

animationfx
06-14-2002, 02:07 PM
I am in Detroit right now, but does anyone know where I can take a few classes on Flame or Inferno?

I am trying to move up in the company I am at, and it might be easier if I already have a feel for both of those. Any help is appreciated!!

Nando
06-14-2002, 05:30 PM
have you used Combustion yet?

I dont know of Classes in Detroit, but I understand that they do have training at the Discreet Santa Monica Office.

ggg
06-15-2002, 02:45 AM
I used to teach Flint and am very rusty now, may go to Seneca college in Toronto for Flame training. No too far for you to go to Toronto.

animationfx
06-18-2002, 01:33 PM
I have used combustion a little bit, but not as much as I need to be up to speed.

Thanks for all of your comments, and I will look into that college in Canada.

IHg_Grafix
06-22-2002, 06:05 AM
A buddy of mine named Eric T. runs the training sessions in combusiton. He's one of the origional animators from waaaay back when and he's travelling all across the US right now popping out lessons. I dropped by one of his training sessions and they totally rocked. I realize that your not looking for combustion right now, but I've looked at the flame interface and it is the same. (sorta....) Anyway these combustions training sessions run you about 100 bucks and you walk out of it with combustion for free. Too good to be true, I think so. Anywho. You gotta search around on their sight. try www.discreet.com You might be abled to find it there, if not let me know and i'll try to get you some information.

-Brad

ggg
06-22-2002, 07:18 PM
IMHO Flame/Flint/Inferno are fairly different to combustion still and on a resume flint training can be seen as an easy step towards flame use but combustion still would not quite be recognized that way.
But it definitely would be worth taking such an affordable class and playing around with combustion, which does have some similarites, before taking a flame class so more can be absorbed and questions asked, getting more out of the brief and more expensive training period. And many studios that have Flame have seats of combustion so knowing both would be of value.

I visted the lab at Seneca College, 4 full seats of Flame properly configured , not typical half a$$ed edu stuff. Apparently one of the trainers is from discreet. They guy I trained with at Discreet yeasr ago in Montreal on Flame was very good. Perhaps this guy is decent too, ask for professional trained references.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.