PDA

View Full Version : way to check weights for each point?

vapulus
12-03-2003, 05:07 AM
Alright, peepz. ;)
Since I'm exporting to Director (I hate director SOOO much, nowadays...and the exporter), each vertex can only be weighted to a single bone. Is there any good way of checking this? I mean, the model has a rather large amount of points, because it's a full character, with a full skeleton (including facial rig). The exporter for shockwave crashes every time, and I'm wondering if it's because I have a point with, like, 1% weight somewhere in addition to the bone it's supposed to be weight to. I hope newtek releases a new version of the exporter someday. I mean, it won't be in time to save this project from hell, but it most definitely needs it. Is there any work still being done on it, Proton (if he sees this)?

kretin
12-03-2003, 05:08 AM
select the points you wanna check and hit "i". Bit of a pain if you have lotsa points to check out, but it works...

vapulus
12-03-2003, 05:53 AM
ahh, that's worth a shot in a few places
forgot about that
i do, however, have about 3k points ;)

kretin
12-03-2003, 05:56 AM
hehe, have fun :)

Would certainly be useful to have a plug to check, or the exported to check for that, and report back which points, or which weights are bad.

vapulus
12-03-2003, 06:26 AM
I most definitely agree. Or just let the points handle more than one bone at a time. Either one would work. I wonder who we could pass that along to. *looks in Proton's direction*

kretin
12-03-2003, 06:32 AM
Or just let the points handle more than one bone at a time.

Isn't that a Director limitation?

vapulus
12-03-2003, 06:39 AM
If it is, the other exporters (Max/Maya) that I've used don't seem to choke on exporting, at least. I really do have to bail on lightwave for this project, now. I have to have this stuff done soon, and I can't keep screwing with this horrible, crashy crashy, LW exporter. I'm going to have to redo a bunch of stuff in MAX, but at least it has a good exporter, so I know stuff will work. Now...I just need to re-learn max in a day. I can do it. *sigh*

Max is evil! =(

Suricate
12-03-2003, 07:43 AM
Vapulus, I don't know whether it solves your problem, but maybe you can have a look at my plug-in 'DeselectVertices'. It lets you quickly identify vertices whose weight map values across all weight maps add up to 100% or 0%. Look here (http://www.animationsnippets.com/plugins/deselectvertices/index.html) .

NanoGator
12-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Out of curiosity, is it possible to multiply weight values? Seems like if ya multiplied all the weights by 100, in Weight view you'd see discoloration...

SplineGod
12-03-2003, 09:13 AM
This might be a useful plugin as well:
http://www.anon.jp/software/wsheet/wsheet_en.html

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.