PDA

View Full Version : Don't Shoot The X-Box!

Tex3D
12-03-2003, 03:46 AM
Maybe with a larger caliber??:shrug:

Kill the X-Box (http://www.sunspot.net/news/local/annearundel/bal-ar.br.shoot03dec02,0,496956.story)

-Dave

kwshipman
12-03-2003, 03:49 AM
The 9mm gunshot did not penetrate the system

I knew the xbox was a beast but that is crazy. maybe a new marketing spin for MS: The Bullet Proof Machine

Tex3D
12-03-2003, 03:53 AM
So..I'm wondering what a .44 would do to it???:surprised

-Dave

*stares it X-Box with evil thoughts and intentions*:twisted:

GRMac13
12-03-2003, 04:57 AM
Wow! I guess video games really DO cause real-life violence. :surprised

froggyplat
12-03-2003, 05:07 AM
he was probably aiming for the camera hidden in the green orb.

zzacmann
12-03-2003, 06:00 AM
I think we've found a new form of body armor.
http://zzacmann.250free.com/chipsflak.jpg

Shinova
12-03-2003, 06:01 AM
I think they meant that the bullet went into the xbox but didn't come out the other end.

That's probably what they meant by did not penetrate. The bullet would've had to get inside to disable it in the first place anyway.

bentllama
12-03-2003, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by Tex3D
So..I'm wondering what a .44 would do to it???:surprised

-Dave

*stares it X-Box with evil thoughts and intentions*:twisted:

let me pulls out mah Desert Eagle and have a look see... :twisted:

Shinova
12-03-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by bentllama
let me pulls out mah Desert Eagle and have a look see... :twisted:

I heard Desert Eagles could break your wrist if you fire it just casually. Just a little two cents.

Personally, I think a shotgun would have more spectacular effects. :D

bentllama
12-03-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Shinova
I heard Desert Eagles could break your wrist if you fire it just casually. Just a little two cents.

preachin to the choir.

http://www.bungie.net/images/site/bnet/news_images/news_nathangun.jpg

bang.

Billy Talent
12-03-2003, 07:43 AM
Silenced MP5 is quite different.

Dennik
12-03-2003, 12:15 PM
I havent examined any xbox from close range, but aren't those made of teflon? If they are, that answers the question. Teflon is used for armoring plates from what i've heared.

Neil
12-03-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by zzacmann
I think we've found a new form of body armor.
http://zzacmann.250free.com/chipsflak.jpg

HAHAHA!
Seriously though, a 9mm couldn't penetrate? I guess he should have went for the headshot :D

(btw: if they say 'penetrate' that means it didn't break the surface)

T!G!3
12-03-2003, 01:59 PM
alrite heres a definition of penetrate - pass into or through, often by overcoming resistance; "The bullet penetrated her chest"

>Link< (http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/penetrate)

i thought ppl are gona have an argument over this so i thought i would get one step further and find the solution..... probly wont help:hmm:

Dirtystimpy
12-03-2003, 02:23 PM
now this is how i like to start my day. nothing like a crazy story and a picture from chips.

Tex3D
12-03-2003, 02:36 PM
I like the CHiPs pics, but what kind of a weirdo would ever take a shot at Ponch and John??

That ain't right man!!:shrug:

John just wants to save the world, and Officer Ponchirelli just wants to make sweet sweet love to all the beautiful women in the greater Los Angeles are. Aint nuthin wrong with that!:bowdown:

-Dave

digital_rhino
12-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Ive always hoped to model my life after Ofisa Poncharello...Be the ladies man in my youth, and then do infomercials when I'm past my prime:D

Tex3D
12-03-2003, 03:22 PM
Don't forget doing HORRIBLE soap operas in Mexico even though the brutha can't speak Spanish.

The downside is that O.G mexicans can tell that he is just reading cue cards.....

The upside is that his character was an old ass Truck Driver that got to hook up with a 20 year old SUPER hottie mamacita and got to nail her every single freakin episode!!:bounce:

Hows THAT for being a HEro!!:bowdown:

-Dave

Valkyrien
12-03-2003, 03:53 PM
haha, that's great!:applause:

bentllama
12-03-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Billy Talent
Silenced MP5 is quite different.

well I have fired many guns. I am no expert, but I do recall the black powder rifle I shot having a great big kick...just being around a Desert Eagle firing was enough for me...you could feel the shockwave resonate your ribcage from a good 50 feet away...

Tex3D
12-03-2003, 04:19 PM
A .357 Desert Eagle almost knocked me on my ass the first time I fired one here in TX, and I am roughly Bentllama's size according to the pics that I have seen of him.

Its a big gun for big boys ya'all!:bowdown:

-Dave

If you see a tiny creature like Mira Sorvino using one with 1 hand, and firing it sideways, then you KNOW it's Hollywood.:hmm:

Neil
12-03-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Tex3D
If you see a tiny creature like Mira Sorvino using one with 1 hand, and firing it sideways, then you KNOW it's Hollywood.:hmm:

Precisely. Didn't Bridget Fonda do that too, in Point of No Return? While diving :eek:

Bent: I thought Canadians didn't like shooting guns :D

bentllama
12-03-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Bent: I thought Canadians didn't like shooting guns :D

we do, we just do not like hitting people with the bullets.

Shinova
12-03-2003, 05:27 PM
I thought Desert Eagles were .50 caliber.:shrug:

Tex3D
12-03-2003, 05:34 PM
Not necessarily. They come in .50 and .44

The very first ones that came out were all .357 it had a smaller grip so it was a tad more comfy, but obviously a bigger cal will give you a bigger kill too.

mmmm..... .50 cal:drool:

-Dave

Meshosh
12-03-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by bentllama
we do, we just do not like hitting people with the bullets.

You must be kidding! you are missing all the fun about it!! whats the point of shooting a gun anyway?

OOps.. sorry, I think Ive played GTA III way to much, and Im about to go outside and start shooting people... since shooting an Xbox is useless..:)

EnergyMan
12-03-2003, 06:41 PM
I don't understand how he "disabled it" without penetrating it. Maybe he kicked the power cord at the same time. I'm guessing they meant it didn't go back out the other side.

Tex3D
12-03-2003, 06:44 PM
Prolly made the disc skip and reset back to main page or somethin'

That kinda had me wondering too.

-Dave

Per-Anders
12-03-2003, 06:59 PM
chances are the shock of the bullet hitting the thing either screwed up the the laser playhead's alignment, or something got cracked inside from the shockwave (circuit cracked or popped from it's mounting, some interconnect could easily have come dislodged).

kwshipman
12-03-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Shinova

I dont know about the desert Eagle, but a friend of mine went out to shoot some rifles and decided to lean accross the hood of the car. In his infinate wisdom he didnt make sure that the but was against his shoulder, so when he fired the scope smacked him in the head leaving a half circle scar just above his eyebrow. I laugh every time I see it.

zzacmann
12-03-2003, 08:44 PM
I dont know about the desert Eagle, but a friend of mine went out to shoot some rifles and decided to lean accross the hood of the car. In his infinate wisdom he didnt make sure that the but was against his shoulder, so when he fired the scope smacked him in the head leaving a half circle scar just above his eyebrow. I laugh every time I see it.

We should all be lucky enough to have a friend like you.

What do you wanna bet that Bill Gates is figuring out a way of making money off of this story?

Cararan
12-03-2003, 09:07 PM
LMAO. :bowdown: :bowdown: No shooting of the X-Box

kwshipman
12-03-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by zzacmann
We should all be lucky enough to have a friend like you.

Well its was funny becasue he didnt even know it untill he went and checked the target then he turned arround and goes "I think I missed" and there was this blood running down his face. I just loved walking arround with him and people going, "man, how did you get thoes stitches?"

HA HA

red_oddity
12-04-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Dennik
I havent examined any xbox from close range, but aren't those made of teflon? If they are, that answers the question. Teflon is used for armoring plates from what i've heared.

Actually, that would be Kevlar and steel plating (for a flaksuit that is...)

Often bullets are sprayed with a Teflon layer in order to penetrate flaksuits and body armor (snipers etc.)...

Why the heck do i even know this crap...i'm a modeler....blame television..oh wait..video games...oh wait...what's the scape goat these days for derailed lanatic behaviour???

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.