PDA

View Full Version : Intel announced "Haswell" chipset

tswalk
09-13-2012, 03:57 AM
so, perhaps I under-estimated what they will be doing next year... more efficient, more power.

http://youtu.be/cKvVdhkgAxg

well, maybe not more powerful, but in this i can notice a difference between 3rd gen and 4th (haswell)

Srek
09-13-2012, 07:17 AM
Google for Intels Tick Tock cycle. This is the common approach of Intel. First they develop a new base technology, in the next step they refine it - repeat
They have been doing this for quite a while now.

Cragen
09-30-2012, 11:30 PM
I have to say I'm glad I got a 3930k recently since Haswell doesn't seem all that great if you ask me.

Things like power phase controller on the CPU could potentially mean the end of overclocking unless Mobo makers can get around it.

I mean they completely locked down the newest gen Xeon and consumer CPUs started feeling it with they added the "k" version of CPUs.

I mean the 3930k has a stock speed of 3.2ghz and I have mine at 4.8ghz. Thats a 33.3% increase in power.

But profit wise its a lot better if they could sell 3.2ghz for $500 and 3.6ghz for $1200 with the end user having no input.

Really do hope AMD can reenter the market with something good or a third party enters soon.
Intel and Nvidia have had it too easy for too long. There needs to be fierce competition or you just end up with ludicrous prices and subpar performance.

lausent
10-06-2012, 08:54 AM
The third generation ivy bridge for me was only a commercial purpose not a increment of performance. I hope that with Haswell cpu we will get a better performance rispect a i7-2600k or i7-3770k :banghead:

CGTalk Moderation
10-06-2012, 08:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.