PDA

View Full Version : New 3d site.

lwwiz
12-02-2003, 09:20 PM
Hi every one I have just made a new 3d site. its still a work in progress but tell me what you think.
www.3d-wiz.com you can say what you think of the site on the board.

jmcalpin
12-02-2003, 10:55 PM
well to be frank, there is nothing there.

needs some images.

come up with a graphic that says this section is locked or soemthing. right now you have floating tabs. You should try to expand teh interface so they are part of something.... a box or border or image for example.

There may be

---------------

What I would do is make a template for the site. try to have the graphics fit a 640x400 space right your table is set to half that. Maybe have the tabs off center maybe the logo on the left and tabs on the right above a nice box or border.

With a name like 3d Wiz I'd make a tower or soemthing in 3d and drop it in next to the name as a logo.

use this as a template I would then add the section name in the box somewhere along with any information.

I'd drop the pop up boxes for your name and get a snapshot and put on that page along with your info.

Link page the same, drop the pop up

Forum should be same colors as rest of site for consistancy. Not that all the site has to be white but that some white yellow and black should be incorporated into the forum.

add a gallery of your stuff or post yor stuff in the forum there to get things rolling.

OF course all of this is based what I can see so far. So there may be more I don't have access to and there for may be way off.

Sorry don't mean to sound harsh. You have a good foundation and thought I'd suggest some content since you asked for feedback.

Jay

sebek27
12-02-2003, 11:09 PM
it's really nothing.. just a few tabs

Mclaren
12-02-2003, 11:24 PM
Uhm, yea, it's ok i guess, considering there isn't anything on it. Oh yeah, "comming" is actually spelled "coming".

takkun
12-03-2003, 01:06 AM
First thing, change the page titles. Currently they all say, "Welcome to Adobe GoLive 6"

Don't put the links and your bio page in pop-up windows. People hate pop-up windows. Just put them on the page.

Your nav menu is non-existant on the forum page. Either put your nav menu into a frame or find out how to add html to your forum.

Also the design doesn't seem to have much thought or effort put into it. If you don't have time to make a site, you might want to check out some of the free portal software out there like PHPnuke, I think some of them also work well with forums like phpBB.

good luck :thumbsup:

lwwiz
12-03-2003, 01:36 AM
Okay I have changed some things and will work on more of it tomarrow.

wgreenlee1
12-03-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by lwwiz
Okay I have changed some things and will work on more of it tomarrow.

keep at it,good stuff is coming,rome wasnt built in a day right?:thumbsup:

Nemoid
12-03-2003, 11:53 AM
Its a good start.
IMO i'd make the 3D- Wiz writing more readable making it of one briėght colour, maybe quite white or smth. writings are a little too big.
the lower part of the page is not complete so I stop here!

jmcalpin
12-03-2003, 12:27 PM
WOW, Really improved. great job.

One issue, the navigation text is black on blue... pick a contrasting color. white, yellow...that kind of thing.

Your pages still say golive 6.

look for the TITLE tag in the first few lines of the source code and you'll find the text.

The other pages the text is under the line but on your home page it is not. I'd try to fix that.

On your PHPBB I'd find that graphic that is in the upper left and replace it with a 3d wiz graphic. just open their graphic and draw on top of it. will save you from having to dig around inside the text file.

coming along very nicely.

Jason

Pengy
12-03-2003, 01:24 PM
Why have you used graphics when you could use text.? E.G. on the home page you`ve got "Welcome to 3d-wiz.com" which is a jpg!!!! and it`s 160+k!!!!!!!!!! You`ve also used jpgs on your other pages. Why don`t you use text which will drop the page file size down to about 2k...?? Need a bit more content in there, chap

Take it easy
Pengy

lwwiz
12-03-2003, 04:09 PM
Thanks for comments I am working on the page titles right now. and I will work on the 3d -wiz thing in the future.

lwwiz
12-03-2003, 04:13 PM
okay the new page titles are done.

projectcoil
12-03-2003, 04:22 PM
Whoa people, easy there. It's a good site. I remember my first web site and it wasn't nearly half as good.

lwwiz
12-03-2003, 04:45 PM
Okay first of all this is not my first site. but This is a site that I will constantly work on. infact I am about to add a new addition to the site as well. Also do you know of any places that I cant get some free phpbb styles thanks.

Maxx
12-03-2003, 04:50 PM
Just an observation - in addition to making the text on the page actual text (which will help with search spiders as well as file bloat - spiders can't read the image, but they can read it if it's actual text), slice your image and put the header and footer back together with a table. You've got a full page image, where the middle 2/3 of the image is the same color as your background. It'll help your bandwidth and load times to cut the white portions. Other than that, it's not a bad beginning.

lwwiz
12-03-2003, 05:59 PM
Okay I did a whole site remake. and I think its pretty good so I dont think I am going to update it anymore but start posting in my forums.

lwwiz
12-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Hi guys check out the site its completly redone.

milqman
12-04-2003, 12:02 AM
Its good... although you might actually want to make these video tutorials accessible. I'd imagine very few people would email you for these when they can get them easily elsewhere.

Also... you might wanna run a spell check or proofread your sentances.

but... good start, keep on truckin. :)

Keiyentai
12-04-2003, 03:19 AM
Ya....the whole e-mail thing turned me off from the site asap. I dont like sending out Personal info just to get Tutorials...no offence but I think it should go...as for site design it's nice simple but nice. Good work.

takkun
12-04-2003, 07:23 AM
Whoa! It's looking much better!!! :buttrock:

lwwiz
12-04-2003, 04:17 PM
Okay thanks for the comments. I will probably drop the email about tutorials thing as soon as I can get some more tuts done. right now there all being hosted by lwg3d.org so Ill have to see iff hill take them off his server.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.