PDA

View Full Version : WIP Maya 5 vector render site

ScottSonnenberg
12-02-2003, 05:21 PM
I am in the process of putting up a new site. This is my first Flash site. It should be finished soon. CC is encouraged.

http://www.scottsonnenberg.com

I have coulple questions,

Does anyone know how to download a file from a flash site. Such as in an HTML site you can "right click, save target as"?

Does anyone have a good "preloader" script? My current one gets the job done, but it would be nice if once loaded, it just opened instead of making the user click a 'lauch' button.

P.S. I am aware that I forgot to put up my splash page.

Thank You

Protoplasma
12-03-2003, 04:38 PM
hi there,
its a nice attempt here but there is much more power in. take the rotating element just as start your page.

i guess a simple hyperlink should work fine. linking to a nonbrowser compatible file with a _blank target will open a save dialogue i guess. maybe you donteven need the target order.

an if then function could help for the loader maybe.
IF (movie is loaded complety) THEN continue to frame "n"
just an ultrabasic definition - i hope you know what i mean.
keep it up !

ScottSonnenberg
12-03-2003, 07:32 PM
Protoplasma,

Thanks for the feed back.

Do you mean that the preload graphic should be simpler?

speC
12-04-2003, 01:23 PM
place the following script on the
maintimeline in the first frame
and the rest of the page
afterwards.

_root.onEnterFrame=function{
if(_root.getBytesLoaded()==_root.getBytesTotal()){
gotoAndStop(2);
}
}

or for a scalable MC

put it on a mc which has the size
it should has at the end

onClipEvent(enterFrame){
var loaded=(_root.getBytesLoaded()/_root.getBytesTotal())*100
this._xscale=loaded;
}

greetings from bordercountry n* 1
austria

p.s.: don`t forget to write a stop command in the first example
and and additional a if() on the second.

speC
12-04-2003, 01:30 PM
perhaps it would be better
to let the surounding of the .swf
have more contrast(i.e. white)

i like the first animation which opens the
menue.
but it might be better if the buttons lay over
the hole "menuesystem"

one more critic:
i like it more if pages didnīt has to
much popups.
one window should be enough.
if you didnīt know how to load
.swfs into other . swfs i will tell
you.
otherwise
good luck!

gen. the page is straight and
looks professional.

speC

maxx10
12-04-2003, 01:40 PM
you've written "lauch interface"

ScottSonnenberg
12-04-2003, 05:49 PM
speC,

Thanx for the script help. Unfortunatly, I have the pop up because I don't know how to download a file, such as a quicktime movie, through a flash window. I want some thing simalar to "right click, save target as".

P.S. I like your site also.

Maxx10,

Thanks, I caught that myself the other day. It seems common that every one on these threads can't spell.

bar2sek
12-17-2003, 04:47 AM
Sorry for the n00b question, but did you do all that flash work in Maya? I've done some vector rendering with 5, but dang, that's awesome. I'm gonna get to work on my site!

ScottSonnenberg
12-18-2003, 06:14 PM
bar2sek,

Thanks for the encouraging feed back.

The site is about 50% Maya, 50% Flash. The schematic in the lower right corner is 2 looping movie clips, rendered in Maya and the main 3-pronged space thing is obviously Maya. One movie clip when it flies in, one still graphic once buttons appear, and then another movie clip for the "contact" transtion. The glitchie flickers are then added in Flash over the Maya clips. Every thing else (text, borders, banners, lines, ect.) is Flash.

I am pretty new to Flash myself. This site really is not to complicated. Except for the basic preloader, it has no complex action script. It is all done with movie controls and frame actions.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.