PDA

View Full Version : using clothes with an animated object?

gL_spear
01-21-2002, 07:00 AM
Hi,
a quick question, I've a character thats wearing clothes and i'm trying to to animate him and his clothes, everytime i try and
apply motion designer to the cloth it doesn't move with him but instead moves in a totally different direction. anyone know of
tutorials or a quick setup solution to this problem. ;)

Cheeeers

polarman3d
01-22-2002, 02:35 PM
I found a good clothing tutorial here:

http://www.pazur.3d.pl/REF_Tech_Cloth_eng.htm

I haven't had a chance to try it out on my character yet, but it looks like it would work pretty good... Hope this helps!

Tommy

manfromatlantis
02-02-2002, 06:21 PM
http://www.curiouslabs.com/products/poser4/index.html

Click on the above link and see if this software works as I've seen what it can do and it's pretty cool and sort of speeds up things especially if you're doing modelling work...

Regards,

'I'm just another fish in the C...'

CIM
02-02-2002, 06:36 PM
I think most ppl. would rather kill themselves than use Poser 4.

Poser 4 doesn't have soft body dynamics, nor anything that resembles a decent modeling tool--so your link is useless here.

JacquesD
02-02-2002, 09:35 PM
I totally agree with you CIM

Adam Klein
02-03-2002, 03:02 PM
LOL, CIM

It's true though, I remember the day, years ago, when I bought poser and RayDream Studio! ARRRRGH! LOL, I'm not rock solid in this opinion, but I've seen a lot of crap from Bryce too, although I've scene some crispy pics though.

funny, funny

AK

gL_spear
02-18-2002, 02:15 PM
cheers guys, I went back and tried to animate that cloth but it just was doing what i wanted. although there suppose to be a good cloth 'motion designer' tutorial in 'Inside Lightwave 7' book so I'm going to check it out.

G.:rolleyes:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.