PDA

View Full Version : New LW8 screenies!

Para
12-02-2003, 02:06 PM
http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14582

:drool:

proton
12-02-2003, 02:11 PM
you beat me to it....thanx for plugging the link!

aurora
12-02-2003, 02:20 PM
Man, oh man, oh man! I love the new editions to the scene editor!!!! In fact I'm not sure which addition I like better the dope sheet we have been wanting or the ability to play with surfaces with the spreadsheet that was a nice new suprise for me!:applause:
[EDIT] Crap forgot to mention the new GUI for the expression editor,how the heck could I forget that. Nice move forward and hopefully a sign of things to come!

Now if we could just get a screen shot of the release date announcement:thumbsup:

Para
12-02-2003, 05:16 PM
I just checked that thread again to see what others have said and now I've lost my jaw. There is even more pictures on pages 2 and 3! And the stuff shown made me go :eek: :drool: :bowdown:

leigh
12-02-2003, 05:23 PM
Hehehe I see the Kill Byl model is being put to some good use! :D

proton
12-02-2003, 05:30 PM
It's too cute not to use ;)

oxyg3n
12-02-2003, 06:04 PM
Hey that kill bill model looks like leigh's old avatar with the pierced tongue. Is this my imagination??

Para
12-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by oxyg3n
Hey that kill bill model looks like leigh's old avatar with the pierced tongue. Is this my imagination??

The Scene Editor pictures have a model that's named "killbileigh", so... :)

Kvaalen
12-02-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by oxyg3n

Yep! That is her alright!
Proton posted some pics of that model a while back.

Those screenshots look great! I love paying attention to all the small details that have been added once I saw the obvious ones. almost every (big) screenshot has some small cool things that were added here and there but aren't very noticable. Very cool!

:bounce:

chrisWhite
12-02-2003, 07:13 PM
This is going to be so cool, I can't wait until it comes out. :bounce:

The new expressions editor looks awesome, and all the other stuff on there as well.

peanut
12-02-2003, 07:39 PM
Oh my Goodness ! a controlbox

bluavenger
12-02-2003, 08:08 PM
The new implementations are fantastic! Proton could tell me as the new rig tool specifically works it ? :) TNX

fwtep
12-02-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by bluavenger
The new implementations are fantastic! Proton could tell me as the new rig tool specifically works it ? :) TNX
I suspect it'll work somewhat like this.

http://www.projectmessiah.com/x2/images/Rig_Refit.jpg

It's been in messiah for a long, long time. Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

Fred

proton
12-02-2003, 08:53 PM
Actually it works a bit different from that but that looks pretty cool as well. :thumbsup:

T4D
12-02-2003, 09:17 PM
WOW my dreams have come true this is alot bettter update then the LW 6.5 to LW 7 looks more like a LW 7 to LW 9 !!!!:drool:

minus
12-02-2003, 09:49 PM
Best batch of screenies yet! -- I like the UI colors a lot better than what was shown at Siggraph aswell. -- Though I know that the Siggraph one and possibly this one were just works in progress on that front.

The new tools look amazing. -- That goes without saying I guess. I guess saying that I'm excited for them also would go without saying aswell.

Still I feel compeled to post. - Thanks for the screen shots and a early thank you for LW8.

aurora
12-02-2003, 10:01 PM
Wow - When I first looked I did nor see a page 3 yet! I love the new frame range feature on the render options tab. When I do stills I often set several camera angles up keyed to different frames sometimes before and/or after a small animation section. This will allow me to setup all my renders in one shot render over night and be ready in the morning instead of getting the single frames rendered then the anim seq. OK I know it sounds strange from what I stated but it works great for me especially when I'm experimenting.
My big question now is what is Proton hiding from us on the render options tab?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:drool:

Gwot
12-02-2003, 10:58 PM
obligatory :buttrock:

moovieboy
12-02-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by aurora
My big question now is what is Proton hiding from us on the render options tab?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:drool:

I was wonderin' that myself :D But I must say, a great deal of those screenshots have got me reflexively reaching for my wallet...

Now if only there was some money IN the wallet.... oh well :D

-Tom

KillMe
12-03-2003, 12:31 AM
just curious what did we get in the 6.5 to 7 upgrade? - i've never used 6 so i dont know what it lacked

well how ever you look at it this seems pretty awesome laods of super cool features =)

:buttrock:

T4D
12-03-2003, 12:48 AM
just curious what did we get in the 6.5 to 7 upgrade?

spread sheet, motion mixer, partices got a updated, afew motion plugin like follower.....:hmm: can't think of anything else ....but they would be more , . .. ....... ..

But this update looks HUGE !!:drool:

ngrava
12-03-2003, 07:57 AM
in the dope sheet, what are those little dots inside the keyframes? Is that some kind of ease control? he he... he he.. That would be cool.. he.. he..

-=GB=-

NanoGator
12-03-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by KillMe
just curious what did we get in the 6.5 to 7 upgrade? - i've never used 6 so i dont know what it lacked

well how ever you look at it this seems pretty awesome laods of super cool features =)

:buttrock:

Is it just me, or is that smiley bouncing on buttrock's finger? :eek:

colkai
12-03-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by NanoGator

<best Jim Carrey 'Mask' voice>
Ohhh - that's just gotta hurt! ;)

Kvaalen
12-03-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by NanoGator

It's just you. :p

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.