PDA

View Full Version : Expression BUG help please

bmoney
12-02-2003, 01:54 PM
Hi,

I seem to have encountered a bug in Mayas expressions. If there is a work around I'd love to know. This is the problem I have encountered.

I attach an expression to an object, say I had the expression changing the impulseX value of myObject.

I would type

myObject.ImpulseX = 0.1; //then create

and then after reloading, or attaching another script or some random cause, I check the script because it isn't working as expected, and Maya has added text to my expression like such:

myrigidBody2.ImpulseX = .1; or
mymyObject.ImpulseX0.1;

basically just jumbling characters and adding or deleting characters, it is quite frustrating to work around.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brett.

mark_wilkins
12-02-2003, 07:30 PM
This is weird. What version of Maya are you running? Is there a precise sequence of steps you can isolate that always causes this result?

-- Mark

bmoney
12-03-2003, 01:43 AM
ok.

I'm running version 5.0

We have a bot competition going where I am studying. We have 2 cubes with expressions attached to them and a rink that is about 10x10. You have to get your cube to push the other cube off the edge to win. The sim uses the dynamics engine. When I update my script and attach it to the cube it works ok. Then when I add the script to the oponents cube to test with, it goes haywire. I haven't found a distinct pattern yet. But it is really frustrating. When I have found something concrete on how to replicate it, I will post. Our lecturer said it is mentioned on Alias' site about this bug, with no known fix.

Brett.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.