PDA

View Full Version : PS CS question

CG.p
12-02-2003, 04:00 AM
I just had a few seats of photoshop CS ordered by our IT guy. The question I have is what all came in the box? He isn't letting us have anything besides a burned copy of the program disk and he is keeping the original in his office. Does it come with a paper manual? Are there any reference cards. I need proof that the IT guy needs a boot to the head.

Thanks.

All the people here with cracked copies of CS need not reply.

dg
12-02-2003, 05:32 AM
Hi CG.p

This is very weird man, I would risk to say that this guy bouth the downloadable version or he is selling a cracked version for the price of the original, check if the serials in each copy are different. And yeah the original one comes with a printed manual at least for the boxed version, if I'm not mistaken the downloadable version comes with a pdf manual insted.
Call Adobe they might help you better on this.

I hope you solve this issue,
See ya!

CG.p
12-02-2003, 05:57 AM
No it is all legit..just the IT guy wants to over manange the IT crap. We call him "idiot"

You told me what I needed. "Idiot" said he was going to ship the manuals and haven't gotten those.

Thanks

halo
12-02-2003, 08:54 AM
careful before you go off 1/2 cocked...PS CS on its own comes with a full set of manuals, the CS suite doesnt, you have to buy them seperately. If you have a site license (which you can do for just 5 copies) you will only get one box one set of manuals, you may also not get manuals with a site license.

Its quite common for this practice to happen as although its a nause the IT is mearly protection that which he's s'posed to protect. ie this practice is as common as manuals getting lost bt users...

Anyway the manuals are on the disk.

CG.p
12-02-2003, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by halo
careful before you go off 1/2 cocked...PS CS on its own comes with a full set of manuals, the CS suite doesnt, you have to buy them seperately. If you have a site license (which you can do for just 5 copies) you will only get one box one set of manuals, you may also not get manuals with a site license.

Photoshop, Macromedia Studio MX 2004. Most likely Lightwave..... THese aren't site license these are individual copies. We didn't want him to pull this crap and we are trying to fight it however we can.

Its quite common for this practice to happen as although its a nause the IT is mearly protection that which he's s'posed to protect. ie this practice is as common as manuals getting lost bt users...

Sure it is if they are in the same building..this guy isn't even in the same state and HE decided on it. There are people in the local studio that were supposed to take care of this..not him.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.