06-14-2002, 05:10 AM
Its almost photo realistic isnt it :)

Stu.

JacobB
06-14-2002, 06:13 AM
lookin' good but a few particles around the edges wouldn't hurt at all:cool:

tpe
06-14-2002, 01:29 PM
Just as a matter of interest how many triangles is it and how long did it take to render?

this took about 5-10 miliseconds (realtime ;) )
http://www.igi2.org/screenies/img4.jpg

Nice picture by the way the lighting is great but i think it may need some particles and details around the edges too.

tpe

dgpilot
06-14-2002, 01:51 PM
It's almost photorealistic....
What you need to do is match the sky lighting to your foreground lighting. Looking at the sky, you should expect to see some strong sunlight on the ground. It looks like a cloudy atmosphere on the ground, with a sunny sky.
Cool textures by the way!

Anton Andriesh
06-14-2002, 04:05 PM
Add atmosphere. You haven't oxygene at all...

kiwi
06-14-2002, 11:44 PM
Cheers :)

JacobB I didnt use any particles its all textures I made in Photoshop apart from a sky texture.There are also levels and curves settings and some color adjustment in Photoshop,but no added photo are anything just the original render.I also did the dof in PS as well.

tpe I am not sure how many polys it is,but it takes around 2 hours to render depending on the radiosity settings.

dgpilot I agree and thanks for the comps on the textures.

Anton Andriesh you are right I forgot atmosphere :hmm:

I am going to do another one and add all the tips.....thanks :thumbsup:

Stu.

kiwi
06-15-2002, 04:40 AM
Heres a new one :)

Stu.

Viper
06-15-2002, 04:41 AM
that's looking great, but you should work on the transitions beetwen rock and sand a bit more....

kiwi
06-15-2002, 10:44 AM
Thanks HellRender :D

I am using Cinema 4d and textures I have made myself in Photoshop,from there I use Photoshop to balance colors and levels and also apply curves :) Oh ya I also use PS for my dof and the above image has some gradient for atmosphere and I had to use the line tool for making an horizon,but thus far I have avoided using a paintbrush etc :)

I should have a new render tomorrow which has fixed the flat rear mountain,the connections to the ground of the rocks,and I have also added some smaller rocks as well and tweaked the big ones :D

Cheers

Stu.

kiwi
06-16-2002, 02:12 AM
Here we go :)

Cheers

Stu.

chazdogg89
06-16-2002, 03:21 AM
wow...final picture is incredible man....you made ALOT of progress with the sand textures and lighting....cheers to you good buddy :thumbsup:

kiwi
06-16-2002, 04:56 AM
Hey thanks man,much appreciated :thumbsup:

Cheers

Stu.

stunna
06-16-2002, 11:41 AM
That looks nice
could you post a wireframe shot?

kiwi
06-16-2002, 12:02 PM
Hows this :)

Stu.

Libor
06-16-2002, 12:47 PM
Nicely comming, but its not photoreal at all :-(

Where are bumpmaps?? Surfaces looks really flat and boring > unreallistic. Fix that and add some details to the ground - maybe some displacement maps for more irregularities.

The sky is quite circular distorted but its a matter of taste...

Anyway looks good.

Just my two cents.

stunna
06-16-2002, 07:43 PM
ok thanks for the shot

kiwi
06-16-2002, 11:42 PM
Hmm thanks for the crits Libor but I disagree for the following reason.Maybe its the jpg but the original has any manner of bumps and grooves and irregularities,and the reason I didnt put another bump in was because I felt it would make it look to CG,to mechanical :) As for the sky I like the depth the roundness creates :)

Oh I dont for a minute think it looks exactly like a photo.When I said almost I meant semi photo realistic :)

Stu.

Brett H.
06-17-2002, 01:15 AM
Nice as always, Stu. I'm really amazed the point to which your texturing has come. (jealously smiles)

I think you really nailed the lighting in the last one. I could see just sitting on one of the rocks and drinking a cold one. Nice atmosphere, and I really like the DOF, although it's not XDOF2! (j/k).

Great work once again bud.

Brett

kiwi
06-17-2002, 01:51 AM
Cheers Brett :beer:

Have a good one :thumbsup:

Stu.

Anton Andriesh
06-17-2002, 08:14 AM
Look, air really should shade the horizon. Also there should not be a sharp transition between the sky and ground.

Here is my version:

kiwi
06-17-2002, 09:54 AM
Thanks for the example Anton :)

Would it have that effect on say a much closer rock though?....like say 100 metres away?,because my intention was not for the rock in the bg to be a distant mountain but a large rock not so far away :)

I also realise now as well that many people thought it was a beach related scene,my intention was a high vantage point with a rocky sandy type of enviroment looking out to distant mountains,ie the blue.But I realize I got that wrong so I converted the scene to a beach scene with better sand and bits and pieces,I have not rendered it yet though :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.