PDA

View Full Version : Wacom Cintiq scratch screen solution

heyjudo
08-26-2012, 04:49 PM
I posted a solution on my website for dealing with scratches on the screen of a Cintiq. I have gotten thousands of hits over the last few months, to the extent that i am the number one return on Google for "scratch Cintiq". It is clear to me that many people are looking for a solution.

The basic idea involves removing the thin plastic layer that coats the glass screen.

http://www.yjstudios.com/blog/2011/11/10/how-to-fix-and-repair-scratches-on-a-wacom-cintiq-21ux/

Also, I feel like Wacom should take responsibilty for their scratch issue which they have been trying to cover up for some time. I recently heard that the new 24hd screens also have a problem ( see above link in comments section). If anyone has a way to get an article written about this so we can put pressure on them to deal with it please tell me.

CKPinson
08-28-2012, 03:11 AM
I knew there was a conspiracy LOL.

Honestly I didn't

I do wish it were a more fair competitive market for tablets tho.

heyjudo
08-28-2012, 03:46 AM
They once had a large message board on this topic which they purged. Fact.

Also, there is a little known company policy that anyone who even mentions the word "scratch" in any context whatsoever must do 50 pushups on the spot!

( that last part I made up, but my general point remains: for $2000 a product should last for a while, and they should be upfront about the issues)

{QUOTE=CKPinson]I knew there was a conspiracy LOL.

Honestly I didn't

I do wish it were a more fair competitive market for tablets tho.[/QUOTE]

tswalk
08-29-2012, 01:08 AM
I do wish it were a more fair competitive market for tablets tho.

i completely agree.

does the 22HD have the same issue? i was considering getting one and modding the base for use with an armature like this:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/ergonomics/home/products/DisplayMountingSolutions/MA220MB/

frog
08-29-2012, 12:07 PM
You can buy screen protectors for them, I use a Nushield one. Also be aware that worn down nibs are the main cause of scratching.

CKPinson
08-29-2012, 01:43 PM
This plastic layer is probably the reason for the offset of the curser to the tip of the pen?

CGTalk Moderation
08-29-2012, 01:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.