PDA

View Full Version : How about we unofficially vote anyway

Zaryin
12-01-2003, 08:46 PM
I like all the entrants, but in my opinion Jim's is the best.

My vote will go to Jim -- even if it is unofficial. Just wanted to get that out there :).

Anyone else have their "unofficial" vote?

My Fault
12-01-2003, 09:31 PM
Koff, koff...JIM..koff, koff

Excuse me, I was just clearing my throat there ;)

itsjustme
12-02-2003, 09:35 AM
The top four in my mind went like this (of those that were submitted as final):

1. Schlitzy (Jim)

2. Gimpy (Drakkheim)

3. Hippie (thekamps)

4. Nerdy (Zaryin)

To be fair, I liked something about all of them and wish that everyone had been able to finish.

hoochoochoochoo
12-02-2003, 11:34 AM
I actually sent my nomination in to Obnomauk but-
To be fair, I liked something about all of them

I agree totally here. It was a great experience. Can I vote for everybody instead?

modernhorse
12-02-2003, 01:46 PM
If I had to choose it would be Jim and his Schlitzy.

Gimpy next.

But I really liked them all. Tons of personality here. Would love to see a poster with all the entrants together. Throw in Tardy into that poster as well!! Congrats to all who finished.

zandoria
12-02-2003, 05:49 PM
Shlitzy!

There were some very interesting characters, and if it was a "character design" contest then it might have been closer.
Since it was a "modeling" contest, I think that Jim has shown his complete mastery, above and beyond.

Frankly, I think that Jim is the finest modeler ever to use A:M! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Jim,
If A:M were to have an "oscar", then it ought to be called the "Talbot Award".
you could render one of your characters as a gold statuette, and make it a web graphic that future winners could display on their webpage. maybe a gold,silver,and bronze!:bounce:
That would be a nice award!

modernhorse
12-02-2003, 05:57 PM
That is a very cool idea. The Talbot award. I want one!!

Zaryin
12-02-2003, 06:11 PM
Hey Will, that is one of the greatest ideas, haha. I really think Jim should do that.

JTalbotski
12-02-2003, 06:11 PM
You guys are making me blush.:blush:

I want to echo the sentiment that all the entries were very creative and full of personality. Everyone helped the others to do better and so everyone is a winner IMHO.

Jim

My Fault
12-02-2003, 07:01 PM
I just want you all to know that the 3 swedish bikini team members that Jim sent to my house did not sway my vote in any way. Woops, Inga and Olga said I better get back to the volleyball game!

:beer:

Drakkheim
12-02-2003, 07:18 PM
Schlitzy is the best model hands down.

and competeing for a golden Talbot award would be as good as any prize. :)

Pengy300
12-02-2003, 09:09 PM
My vote goes for Schlitzy as well. It's great to see what can really be done with the program and gee it didn't cost an arm and a leg for the program go figure:) It was wonderful to see all the encouragement and assistance everyone had for each other. These contests are a good idea I think a better game plan is in order for the next one.

JTalbotski
12-03-2003, 03:56 AM
Well, I'm not sure about naming an award after me, but I did render out Schlitzy as a gold statue. He looks pretty good! I think receiving a "Golden Schlitzy" sounds better than a "Golden Talbot".:p

Jim

http://home.comcast.net/~talbotj/GOLDEN-SCHLITZY.jpg

My Fault
12-03-2003, 04:30 AM
That is so bloody brilliant I can't see straight. :thumbsup:

Zaryin
12-03-2003, 06:42 AM
That is an excellent gold Schlitzy!

Jim, it's like the Acadamy Awards (ie: The Talbot Awards) and an Oscar (ie: a Schlitzy).

Get used to it :P~

zandoria
12-03-2003, 12:38 PM
:buttrock:
That is great!:applause:

--I wonder if we could get that made as a rapid-prototype, to cast real trophies. Maybe Steve could start sending out "slitzeys" instead of those little plaques :)

modernhorse
12-03-2003, 12:38 PM
Jim,
You kill me! hehehe that is so great. You've got me up all nite now working for one.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.