PDA

View Full Version : Is Digital Fusion good for small res animations?

Highfive
01-21-2002, 04:44 AM
I'm producing a short animatic sequence, which uses still images, movies and short clips together to form a rough example of how a cinematic sequence would run. Can anyone tell me if Digital Fusion is a better software package for preforming this that After Effects?

After Effects is very frustrating when it replays previews out of sync. There must be a more reliable program out there for doing this animations.

Merkeba
02-04-2002, 08:35 AM
In my opinion, I would not use Fusion to do editing. (but that's just me.) I find it VERY good for putting the final touches on renders or animations, doing compositing and colour correcting. If you need one program for editing and final touches, then I would use After Effects.
It really depends on what you are trying to do. What I would suggest it bringing your work into Fusion, rendering out your images, and then use Adobe Premiere to piece it together. Hope this helps. :)

cheers

Jayk2k
02-06-2002, 05:49 AM
I have used it in the past for animatics, from digitized storyboards. I'm a tad biased now that I work for eyeon, but it is possible.

The trick would be to use primarily the time line editor, as this will let you "cut" back and forth between 2 layers fairly effectively.

The added advantage over an edit app, is you can animate effects, and pans etc, fairly easily.

Highfive
02-06-2002, 06:27 AM
Hmm, sounds like the difference result-wise between Digital Fusion and After-Effects isn't that great. After-Effects can animate effects okay as well, can't it?

Got to admit, moving keys on a graph 1.5cm high on the screen sucks somewhat. Digital Fusion offers a much more generous amount of space.

Jayk2k
02-06-2002, 10:25 PM
Yes, AE can do the animations as well.

It all comes down to personal preference.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.