PDA

View Full Version : Rendernode gives Animanium a lack luster review?

wgreenlee1
12-01-2003, 06:46 PM
http://www.rendernode.com/articles.php?articleId=103&page=1

"one undo"?

kemijo
12-01-2003, 07:36 PM
Hey, Lightwave Layout only has one undo...unless they fixed it for version 8...they said updating this would be non-trivial.

My main issue with Animanium is no curve editor...

Anyone know if Motion Builder or Mirai have useful and intuitive curve editors when they are in pin/drag IK modes? I was assuming that Animanium lacks this due to the IK algorithm it uses to solve for rotations (kinda like trying to edit quaternion curves by hand...useless) but maybe other apps have a way.

Levitateme
12-01-2003, 08:33 PM
Thats really neat i thought. thanks for the link. i think the guy has a good point about it being a plug in. i use Maya , and i think anyone who animates would like to be able to have that as a option in there 3d program. that way obviously they know all the tools. they dont have to learn a ton of new things. like i tried motion builder, it takes a long time to get use to new camera controls. then when i would go back into maya i would be thinking motion builder controls. so im just saying it would create a lot less confusion...maybe thats just me.

Nemoid
12-02-2003, 12:13 PM
Seem that the huge probs to import your chat into Animanium to animate it there are annoying. its a sin. In MB is better since you also have autorigging and other interesting posssibilities. to not mention the good .FBX import/export plugins and the possibility to use motion capture files as well.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.