PDA

View Full Version : Nurbs, Polys or Subdivs ???

Baq
12-01-2003, 06:03 PM
Hi.

I got a question to all You advanced users.

I started learning nurbs few months ago and it's ok. Now I c that's good for makin' stuff like cars or general non-organic surfaces. But few days ago I also started learnin' nurbs patch modeling and I see that's little strange for organic modeling and not much intuitive like real sculpting.

My question is: should I learn all kind modeling techniques and all kind surfaces?

I also wanted compare modeling organic stuff with nurbs and subdivs and... without any tutorial i made with subdivs "good" stuff and with nurbs eehhhh..... no comment.

Should I focus only on final results? Doesn't matter which surface?

Greetz

MSB
12-02-2003, 06:53 PM
Its not matter which surface you chose its depend on your experience you can do any thing in any kind of surface but you have notice for advantge and disadvantge of any kind of surface you should focus on one kind of surfaces when you think you are pretty good in it then change to anothe kind :beer:

Sorry for my bad english.....

actarusprocyon
12-03-2003, 11:05 AM
This is the kind of question that people are excessively tired of replying to.

Choose what you prefer...I chose polygons.

That said,I'm sure that within a week of reading here,you'd have made your choice for sure.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.