PDA

View Full Version : Limiting CVs? (how can I bend a Rhino's toe?)

Mooncalf
12-01-2003, 05:47 PM
Hi y'all,

I'm back working with my Rhino again, and I've run into something that I either can't figure out how to do, or I'm going about it the wrong way to begin with. :)

I'm trying to set up this Rhino's feet so when he's walking, and I roll his foot, his toes won't go beneath the ground as they do in the jpg I've attached. (see below)

I thought maybe I could set up some limits on the Vertexes on the skin, but that didn't seem to be possible. I tried doing the same with a cluster, and although I was able to set limits, they seemed to be ignored when controlled by the foot-curve I have set up as a controller.

So, how is this sort of thing normally handled? Should I use a deformer? Or is this something that I should approach in an entirely different way?

I appreciate any advice. Thanks! :)

- M

dwalden74
12-01-2003, 06:13 PM
Sounds like you just need to add a footroll here (ie, an entirely different approach ;) ). Just do a search on the forum for footroll, and IŽm sure youŽll find something that works well for you.

Mooncalf
12-01-2003, 08:22 PM
Ah... a footroll. Will do! Thanks. :)

- M

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.