PDA

View Full Version : hp header (look into another world)

Protoplasma
12-01-2003, 04:32 PM
hi there, today i created a header for another hp.
I`d like to know if someone knows a possibility for random events. i`d like to add a kind of lighting or something else. I know its visible in much swf movies so i guess it isn`t very difficult.
here`s the file(s)
the second one is slightly color corrected and i added some "bling blings"
CLICK to show up (http://www.liquid-shapes.com/tmp/head_grids.html)

Ian Jones
12-02-2003, 12:41 AM
Could you be a little more specific about which event/s need to be randomized?

Protoplasma
12-02-2003, 08:15 AM
of course ian ;-)
i`d like to add a lighting/thunder that light up the bg shortly. and those blings ( in the second one ) could also be randomized.
a lighting with a delayed thunder-sound would be awesome.

another point ( no randomization ) is the bg itself. i am not satisfied with the movement yet cause it is quite linear and to fast. how could i make it more smooth ? do i have to add keys manually ?

Ian Jones
12-02-2003, 12:43 PM
Everything you need can be scripted. The random events, the lightning, thunder, blingbling and the movement aswell. The movement could be solved if you increase the framerate to at least 20fps and by using 'easing' which you can find out about in the flash help files.

The scripting part, well... I'm not entirely sure how to help you. I know how to do it, but I'm not the one that's supposed to be doing it though. :)

Basically you need to write a script that generates things like random x,y coordinates for the blingbling stuff and turns the opacity on and off randomly aswell to simulate the sparkle. I can make some very quick example files for you if your interested, but you'll have to take it further and implement it from there.

Protoplasma
12-03-2003, 04:26 PM
thanks ian,
i `ll check the "easing". scripting an example would be nice but you don`t have to if you have less time.
random x/y coordinates for the blings won`t work because the have to be at the grid. I`ll try to add a (time) randomized lighting with a delayed thundersound. and a more smooth scrolling.
I guess that this will be enough for that.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.