PDA

View Full Version : Leap 3D Motion, better than Wacom?

Dillster
08-22-2012, 12:32 AM
While hunting for a pressure sensitive tablet, which initially started as a question about the Wacom Cintiq (in another thread in this part of the forum), I came across the Leap 3D Motion; http://leapmotion.com/

After watching the video, it seems to me that this gadget could well make Wacom and other tablets old news, especdially for desktop computer use. It's only $70 too (pre-order) which makes it worth a try. Has anyone seen the Leap demonstrated or had a hands on (hands off really) experience with it?

tuna
08-22-2012, 01:35 AM
Holding your hand up in the air all day is not going to replace the pen any time soon unless your job is "busy looking background character in a budget scifi movie".

Dillster
08-22-2012, 09:54 AM
I suppose time will tell. At some point someone will put up a video of it being used in Photoshop or ZBrush.

gamedeveloper
08-22-2012, 05:36 PM
...perhaps 3DConnexion should be worried. This might be useful in replacing the basic spacenavigator. Especially since it's only 3/4 the price.

+1 if drivers are good and application support is EASY to implement

I'm rooting for them.

BigPixolin
08-22-2012, 06:38 PM
I suppose time will tell. At some point someone will put up a video of it being used in Photoshop or ZBrush.

Time has already told me this will not replace the Clintiq. Just like Kinect wont replace the controller, and the controller wont replace the keyboard and mouse.

CKPinson
08-22-2012, 07:09 PM
No- maybe added functionality but then again will they compete or will they mesh well?

CGTalk Moderation
08-22-2012, 07:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.