PDA

View Full Version : School vs online training ?

kumars
08-20-2012, 08:10 AM
I have:
4 years experience as 3d artist
completed diploma in animation in 2009

Now I want a master degree and fee is around $4200. I want your suggestion whether I choose a full time M.Sc. degree or an online training resource ?

Thanks in Advance !

Daff
08-20-2012, 12:15 PM
I've 2 years experience in CG myself, I'm a semi-beginner. But one of the least i know about the CG world is that your results matter than your documents. Provided You can produce a good clean portfolio and/or showreel after the degree course, then its fine enough.
I go by online training and courses myself, some of these offer diploma certificates, i don't know of degree.
What i can say based on mine and other pros's experience is that if you have a 'can do spirit' then you would excel in CG basing on online training and tutorials better than even enrolling in a degree course in a big CG school.

JarrodSimpson
08-20-2012, 02:52 PM
In my opinion the greatest thing that a master's degree (and especially a M.Sc.) provides is the ability to spend around 2 years studying and working on the thing that interests you most. You'll be hard pressed to find that kind of time to devote to a project ever again

Xistel
08-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Both options are good.

online is good especially if you already have a background in the area, which you. It's cheaper and you can pace yourself. Courses like fxphd and Digital-Tutors are pretty swell.

satuthree
08-22-2012, 06:45 AM
@kumar : go for it. In india it doesn't matter how much knowledge you have. you'll still be asked to work on simple projects. If u are really passionate go where you can have a chance to get more indulged

CGTalk Moderation
08-22-2012, 06:45 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.