PDA

View Full Version : Is there a better to match camera colors

CHRiTTeR
08-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know of a better technique to match real camera color output. I know theres the quite popular way of using response curves, but that doesnt really do the trick for me. Im looking for better color accuracy and preferably/ideally/possibly also dynamic range support.

The problem i have with response curves is that they do not accurate reproduce the shifts in hue and/or saturation. Using curves, if you're going to adjust one color, its going to affect how another color will look.
Also, the software i've tried so far to do this didnt seem to have dynamic range info stored in their curves.

I suspect there must be some better ways of doing it, using measured color matrixes or something? And if so, is there a place where i can get such data (and apply it) or create it myself? Sites with more info on this are also welcome (love to learn).

Thanks!

CHRiTTeR
08-19-2012, 04:45 PM
BTW, is this what 3D lut files are for?
I think so when reading about it. But why cant i find any available 3D lut files for simulating camera colors? Or maybe I havent been looking in the right places?

CGTalk Moderation
08-19-2012, 04:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.