PDA

View Full Version : Catapult and Ballista

spm
12-01-2003, 12:27 PM
two medieval war machines biult with modern materials.

catapult: 1039p/512*512
ballista: 1446p/512*512 without arrows

images are from mayas viewport (no lights). lighting manually textured.

the "high" polycount is due to the fact that i have not kept the parts as separate objects. this combined with non-intersecting mesh will increase in-game rendering speed.

http://susi.nu/jonni/Chili/ballistapult01.jpg

http://susi.nu/jonni/Chili/ballistapult02.jpg

EDIT: oh yeah... any C&C is welcome.

Ogi
12-01-2003, 01:39 PM
Hehehe.. cool!!
Dubble fire power, massive :D

erikN
12-01-2003, 01:55 PM
sweet :)

LeroyBrown
12-01-2003, 05:14 PM
Looking cool, though those textures seem very washed out. I would add more contrast to them to bring the color back up. Also, not sure how you used your texture sheet, but it would be cool to see more shadowing done over the objects. Keep it up.

spm
12-01-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by LeroyBrown
Looking cool, though those textures seem very washed out. I would add more contrast to them to bring the color back up. Also, not sure how you used your texture sheet, but it would be cool to see more shadowing done over the objects. Keep it up.

thx. i see what you mean. actually i brought down the contrasts to this level to achieve a very neutral final gather like lighting. these two will end up in a somewhat dynamically lit environment so the thought is to light them up that way. lets see how it turns out... perhaps i have to work some more on these :)

aesir
12-01-2003, 08:29 PM
dude those are TIGHT. Is there any chance you would mind donating those to a mod I'm working on. The mod is for the Silverback engine. If you would ( you would be a great and kind person if you do) than please e-mail me at aesir@savagemod.com

spm
12-02-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by aesir
dude those are TIGHT. Is there any chance you would mind donating those to a mod I'm working on. The mod is for the Silverback engine. If you would ( you would be a great and kind person if you do) than please e-mail me at aesir@savagemod.com

im sorry, the models are already reserved for something else :(

but thank you for the kind words.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.