PDA

View Full Version : How to fix this error?

Shayan92
08-19-2012, 02:35 PM
Hi,
I have an emergency problem here: I saved my work, and when I opened it next time, an error occurred and it says: "Error occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss. Please check the Script Editor for details."

HOW CAN I FIX IT??? please please help me in this case!! I really don't want to loose data!

thanks a lot,
shayan

P.S: I attached 2 images from error and how my work opened after error.

NaughtyNathan
08-19-2012, 02:50 PM
those images won't help anyone. the first is just the error message you have already repeated, and the second is just a scene, and how is anyone supposed to know what the scene looked like before..?...Please check the Script Editor for detailsthe clue is right there in the message.

Open up your Script Editor and then see what the errors actually are. If you still don't understand what the solution is yourself then tell us what the Script Editor says and we may be able to help you.

Shayan92
08-19-2012, 03:59 PM
you're right! this is what script editor says and i still don't know what to do:

"You will need to rewind and play to see your particles. We recommend you then save the file with a startup cache."
and also many warnings such as this:

"nClothShape2: No cache file found for this object, runup may be needed. Check your workspace particles directory."

Panupat
08-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Well. Rewind and play means exactly that, rewind and play. For un-cached particles, you can't scroll your timeline back and forth. It needs to compute 1 frame at a time.

The second error also means just that - check your project settings. Maya is quite picky when it comes to particle cache location. When setting it outside of project directory, sometimes it won't work.

CGTalk Moderation
08-19-2012, 05:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.