PDA

View Full Version : Difference between these two Wacom Tablets ?

vizion
12-01-2003, 11:21 AM
hello people,

Is there a difference between these two models besides colors?

iNTUOS2 6x8 USB Tablet - grey/black
ACAD PLAT INTUOS2 6X8 USB - all white

I've noticed that some stores online sell them both with a $50.00 price difference( the ACAD PLAT one being the less expensive one). So what, if any reasons, are there for this price difference? Btw, both models are new. Thanx

Jb5k1
12-01-2003, 01:09 PM
could be a difference in the alotted pressure of the pen/board.

i'd just get a graphire 3, thats what i'm getting.

mental
12-01-2003, 03:47 PM
all of the new USB versions of the Intuos2 coming off the assembly line these days are platnium. newer Serial versions are colored grey/black to differentiate them from the USB version.

if you find a USB version of the Intuos 2 colored black/grey it means that it was manufactured sometime last year or earlier before they made the change.

with a choice between the two i'd chose the platnium since it's a) been manufactured more recently than black/grey b) you'll pay $50 less for the same model (just a different color).

-mental :surprised

Wanderer
12-01-2003, 07:08 PM
They're the same thing just different colors. The "ACAD" one is meant to be sold to academic students, so be prepped to present a student ID or transcript.

MimikOctopus
12-01-2003, 07:59 PM
that's how i bought mine. It's exactly the same I just had to fax my ID in. but mines purple.

nrgy
12-01-2003, 08:37 PM
http://www.wacom.com/pressinfo/press_release.cfm?id=81

Theirs the press release when they introduced the platinums. I have a 9x12 platinum and I absolutly love it.

vizion
12-01-2003, 11:12 PM
Then it's settled. I'm ordering the 6x8" one tonight. Thank you all for your help.

Emmortal1
12-02-2003, 03:41 AM
I have the Intuous 6x8 Platinum as well and wouldn't trade it for much of anything, well I could think of a few things I'd trade it for, but when it comes to other tablets, by far the best I've used.

Emmortal

catnip
12-02-2003, 11:32 PM
About the color change... I remember that when Wacom was about to end the original Intuos line and go to the Intuos 2, they offered the Intuos 1 in a "special edition" graphite color.

Also, right before they went from the Graphire 2 to the Graphire 3, they had a special edition white Graphire 2.

So, I wonder if this means Wacom's going to introduce the Intuos 3 soon? Hmmmm... ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.