PDA

View Full Version : getenv "PYTHONPATH"; mel code freezes maya ?

hcetiner
08-16-2012, 10:13 PM
I asked to friend.he said his maya frozen.

but when I execute this mel script I got this weird result.what can be the problem source ?

getenv "PYTHONPATH";

// Result: D:/Development/Animation/MaYa/Scripts/Py/;ş"mHI-Rn*u-(}jğl$)HxQ `o9uŞ+'/scripts;jĞBFnıN8fMLgj0/scripts;@pڬ9'Jť외&328HԳefU 3J##ʌ W <Ek/].(vzvi2$,xlTHӒAeİ +HgMD/scripts;۬HĞ/scripts;D:/Development/Animation/MaYa/Scripts/Modules/dnWireHelpers/scripts;Hp0u 9//scripts;Vş._τeڷ R Skho+)W` /scripts;Ϸ+پIY<Ȑl|>{?̿ulMZ7ͳ|DXO^[h"/scripts;D:/Development/Animation/MaYa/Scripts/Modules/CheckerMapSwitcher/scripts;D:/Development/Animation/MaYa/Scripts/Modules/ktJointBox/scripts;(-qY{k/=SB/Wp^u:&BnFm*aT)؍V8S+tİ/scripts;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2012/vray/scripts;C:/Program Files/NVIDIA Corporation/PhysX for Maya/Maya 2012/scripts //

my environment variable PYTHONPATH is very clear in Windows Setting.
D:\Development\Animation\MaYa/Scripts\Py\
is the only value.
is getenv a problemmatic command?

zoharl
08-17-2012, 06:13 AM
I have add-ons to the path as well:

// c:/Python27_x64/Lib/site-packages/numpy/_;c:/Python27_x64/Lib/site-packages/_;c:/Python27_x64/Lib/site-packages/pymatlab/_;c:/prj/python-maya;C:/Python26/Lib/site-packages/win32_;C:/Python26/Lib/site-packages/win32/lib;C:/Program Files (x86)/DynamicaBullet2.78/scripts;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2013/mentalray/scripts/AETemplates;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2013/mentalray/scripts/mentalray;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2013/mentalray/scripts/unsupported;C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2013/mentalray/scripts //

It seems that maya adds it own python paths and any plugin's which needs it.

NaughtyNathan
08-17-2012, 09:55 AM
If I do a `getenv PYTHONPATH` in Maya 2012 I get completely normal and predicable results. I don't get any crashes or weird spew like that so I'm guessing you have a corrupt path or an unexpected character in one of your paths... It doesn't matter if your global PYTHONPATH env varable is only one directory, Maya may add several more to it for the scope and duration of that Maya session, so the error is probably there somewhere, though I'm not sure where to start looking... your maya.env file maybe..?

hcetiner
08-17-2012, 09:09 PM
it seems its a maya's unicode problem.
about System Locale settings.
maya seems not fully support Unicode.

this problem doesnt seems on English Localized System.

CGTalk Moderation
08-17-2012, 09:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.