PDA

View Full Version : annoying specular 3ds + vray issue

bosfor
08-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Notice the round reflection on striped wall. Can't get rid of it without sacrificing light intensity (disappears when the light is too strong/too dim). The light source also to be seen reflecting on the floor and sofa is VRayL sphere, changing it to a plane doesn't change a thing. Any tips? It's a test render, boosting configuration doesn't help either,

http://i50.tinypic.com/a0xzfd.jpg

thanks in advance.

CHRiTTeR
08-17-2012, 01:36 AM
Make sure that in your vraymtl options the cutoff is set at 0,001.

Does this help?

ShawnDriscoll
08-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Work on one light at a time. And re-check the materials used for your objects, so they match real objects.

bosfor
08-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Thank you men, but the cutoff was default, close to none and materials were intact. Also it was this particular light source fault I mentioned. I managed it by adding a bit of Directional parameter, looks good enough.
The whole issue is weird because I tried to setup the light from scratch one or another time and the unwanted reflection randomly appeared or did not despite similar VRayL settings.

Since I've got your attention also because I think the problem too plain to start a new thread, please look at this image and help with the dark area.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2a8j6et.jpg

The background is a Dome with VRaySun, the bottom is VRayMtlWrapper + Shadow/Matte. It's probably some kind of gamma issue (LWF setup, also the VRayMtlWrapper setup is probably correct with -1.0 Alpha contrib). I'd play around and eventually get it right but I'd like to understand what I'm doing wrong since it's my first exterior scene.

Thanks again.

CHRiTTeR
08-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Thank you men, but the cutoff was default, close to none

Yes the default is 0,01, but if you are using a gamma corrected workflow (aka lwf) then that value is too low and dark shades will be cut off too soon. Its good practice to set it at 0,001 instead.

I think that might also help with your other issue

CGTalk Moderation
08-18-2012, 05:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.