PDA

View Full Version : Ati Radeon9600pro problem with MAYA

Chingkhei
12-01-2003, 06:27 AM
I have got the following configuration:
P4 2.6 HT on Intel 865GBF motherboard,
ATI Radeon9600 Pro 128MB
512MB DDR400 ( 256MB x 2 in Dual Channel Mode )
80GB Maxtor SATA HDD

I am facing few problems using Maya and am listing them below.
1) In ScluptTool and draging of Isoparms and Vertex I have a trail of the brush all over the surface wherever I move my mouse.
2) When doing Rendering with MayaHardware, the output was very bad below preview quality, no transparency, no bumbs or mapping etc., it seems the OpenGL part of my card is not working with Maya.

Also while using Cumbustion 2.0 the workspace window fails to display the footages etc when the setting is changed to OpenGL.

As all my course/work is based on these two softwares I am in a fixed, the graphic card cost me a bomb here in India( Rs. 15,000 ), and as I am a student I can't think of going for another card. I will be every grateful if any one amongst you could please show me a solution to enable the OpenGL option in Maya and Combustion. I am keeping my fingers crossed for a positive solution. Please do send me your suggestions. I really need to get things going with Maya....

Regards
Chingkhei

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.