PDA

View Full Version : Undo queue being turned off ALL THE TIME

DeadlyNightshade
08-15-2012, 12:12 PM
I know what piece of code is causing this, but I have no clue how to fix it.
The funny thing is that it's not even my code, by Autodesk's own code.
In "textureWindowCreateToolbar.mel" there is the following snippet at the end of the file:
// scriptJob to update the UV fields
scriptJob -parent $editor
-event "SelectionChanged"
"undoInfo -swf false; textureWindowCreateToolBar_isUVTransformed; undoInfo -swf true;";

global proc int textureWindowCreateToolBar_isUVTransformed() is also native to Maya.
I've tampered with neither of these so I dunno why this is happening everytime I select something in the editor. It sets undoInfo -swf to false... runs that procedure, and afterwards it "forgets" to run undoInfo -swf true;

rgkovach123
08-15-2012, 03:10 PM
just because you haven't tampered with either proc doesn't mean one of your changes isn't causing the issue... :/
Hard to tell what the problem is without more information, list of changes you've made, etc...

DeadlyNightshade
08-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Turns out that procedure generates an error (so it never reaches the last undoInfo) because I used (and renamed) one of the native variables (uvEntryFieldU).

ldunham1
08-15-2012, 06:59 PM
wrap the "...textureWindowCreateToolBar_isUVTransformed;..." part in a catch and you wont have that issue again as the script wont be interrupted if it fails.

CGTalk Moderation
08-15-2012, 06:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.