PDA

View Full Version : "Three cuts in your eyebrow, trying to wild out"

Matt
11-30-2003, 10:42 PM
http://members.cox.net/anticsensue/gothead.jpg

292 polys. Any comments or suggestions? I'm always open for improvement.

No photo references for the model or the texture. Just a mouse and Photoshop. (180 layers, lmao.)

LeroyBrown
12-01-2003, 06:29 PM
The model looks good for being such low poly. From what you posted, it looks like the forehead could use some more detail. Right now it looks very plane and washed out. Perhaps a few more images from different angles would nice to see.

Matt
12-01-2003, 10:12 PM
I sort of wanted to keep him as plain as possible. I didn't want to over exaggerate the features by making stark shadows, because those only work well in harsh lighting. Soft lighting, like in most in-door scenarios produce soft shadows and highlights.

http://members.cox.net/anticsensue/gothead2.jpg

Keiyentai
12-02-2003, 02:30 AM
Wow thats really nice for 292 polys. Nice texture too man. Is he going to have a body?

Matt
12-02-2003, 05:23 AM
I dunno. I just did him quick to brush up on low poly stuff in gmax. A body could be in the works sometime. His head is already a quake 3 model, and I had planned on using his head as a 'gib' in a map. :P (Although he's not bloodied up or anything at this time.)

Keiyentai
12-02-2003, 07:53 AM
Oh cool. hehe make it a player model. Bouncing head lol. With blood trailing from it lol. that would be cool. maybe a couple hands so it looks rigt hodling a weapon lol.

Xaint
12-03-2003, 05:59 AM
Hey Matt, you've tried to pull on poopinmymouth's heads with this one, don't you? :) It's always comprehensive to compete with somebody.
Anyway, can you show us the texture map? It seems to me that a bit more color vary would have place there. And design-wise the eyebrow cuts could be bigger. At their current size, the cuts aren't show off, they're MIA. His eye looks weird, like they're stressed. A calm eye, would fit naturally imo. (I know that the low polycount distorts the eye's shape.)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.